Southwest \  88 Mazda B2200 won't smog Interm. miss

88 Mazda B2200 won't smog Interm. miss

Southwest Events
views 3126
replies 4
following 4

slgch   +1y
88 Mazda B2200 won't smog Interm. miss

I just bought this truck 4 my nephew and can't get it to pass smog. I have replaced the Cat. Convert., carb., gas, fuel pump, fuel filter, air filter, spark plugs, plug wires & pcv. Adj. The valves, timing, . However when the truck is warmed up it has an intermittent miss. If I removes the air breather cover the engine stabilizes until the engine is reved then it stumbles then stalls. If I squeeze closed the reed valve hoses with the engine running the engine runs smoothly and the miss goes away. I also need to know what the positioning the adjustment screws on the carb are supposed to be (the factory pin is still in the carb) but the adj. Have all been messed with and I'm not sure what they should be positioned at.
mazdafvr   +1y
you could start by cleanin the egr valve under carb on intake
(3 10mm bolts) that always helps to clean it if its clogged. as for the mixture screw, there are idol and high idol screws but the fuel/air screw is behind the tamper pin. i checked mine last night cause my truck ben runnin poor since i got it. (pin had been removed) it was screwed all the way in. if yours is screwed all the way in like mine was, i would back it out. youl hear it rev higher n highr. not much at a time but it will. once the rpms stop rising, u should be pretty close. good luck.
slgch   +1y
Thank you. I will do that. let me appoligize in advance if I sound like an idiot and adding to the list of reasons of why woman such as I shouldn't be wrenching on any vehicle. Well be that as it may, I am all that these boys have, so pls bear with me and I truly do appreciate any help that anyone takes the time to give. Thanks again.
porkchop69   +1y

This is why i love being able to reg my vehicles up at my moms place (emissions exzempt) i have been doing this for the past 20 years because of the emission laws. i say screw it were all gonna die anyways let the mazda smoke and put mass co2 and carbon it the air.
im sorry to not be able to help but i know when i had mine it was the same issue if i remember correctly i screwed it all the way and backed it out 2 1/2 turns and i think i had a knarly vacume leak on the bottom of the intake so check for vacume leaks.there are lots of possiablitys of thoes.
Page 1 of 1