Page 1 of 2
Southwest \  lowering rear end

lowering rear end

Southwest Events
views 4704
replies 13
following 3

rocknmazda   +1y
hows it goin. i jus wanted kno if i would be able to lower the rear end of my 87 b2200 without using any lowering blocks?? if theres anybody tht can help me tht will be kool i already lowerd the front end all i need is the rear
b22trk91   +1y
I jus took a few leafs out left the overload, the mainleaf that bolts in and the one with parkbrake bracket ...dropped 4 inch
in sayin this i had extra leafs but same method
rocknmazda   +1y
would it ride rough. and would it mess up the leaf springs??
b22trk91   +1y
Im gonnaa go get some shocks...but no i wouldnt say it rough i had 7 leafs so there wasnt much weight/brake in the rear and it was high as lol ...so yeah stil drives pretty much same
rocknmazda   +1y
alright cool man. so i should jus take the 2 middle ones out.
b22trk91   +1y
yeah thats them.. in the middle of the pack..
rocknmazda   +1y
alight thanks alot man i appreciate it..
jenko   +1y
or have the leaves reset.
I thought I posted here already? lol.
rocknmazda   +1y
lol yeah u did but tht seems like an good idea too but how many inches would it go down. how much did they charge u
jenko   +1y
I used blocks
Why did I do that? Not sure.... quick, easy, cheap. The usual suspects

I think you can go as low as you like, you can have flat springs if you desire, the flatter they become they'll need to add more leaves though (so diminishing returns at some point) as you lose spring rate. (and they compensate for the loss with more leaves)
Best thing about it is that you don't increase the distance between the axle and springs (unless you need an extra leaf etc), which is the distance between road and body forces, if that makes any sense.

Have a ring a round, some do it hot (oven), some do it cold (hammer mill).
Couple of hundy would be max I'd say for a pair of rears.
Let your fingers do some walking

If you find someone and say "I have a b2200 but I don't want to use blocks to lower it, I want to do it right" They'll probably love you and help you out lol