Page 1 of 1
Southwest \  pulling a leaf spring

pulling a leaf spring

Southwest Events
views 2103
replies 9
following 3

islandboi28   +1y
okay so this is probably a dumb question to most of you but i reall dont know too much about cars. im just now learning.. bbut can someone please help and just explain to me....how does the car lower by pulling a leaf spring?
dropped90(justin)   +1y
because when you pull a leaf or two it takes some of the spring out of the suspension. Meaning that it cant hold up as much weight and so the truck squats alot more because there is less amount of force to hold the truck up.

-Justin
islandboi28   +1y
oh okay i gotcha thanks. so right now i have a 3 inch blick in and i want to pull one leaf. am i going to run into problems?
dropped90(justin)   +1y
most people do what is called monoleafing. which is keeping the main leaf and then putting the overload leaf with it. if you dont have the overload leaf in there as well then the one leaf will snap for sure.

-Justin
dropped90(justin)   +1y

-Justin
islandboi28   +1y
so if i mono leaf it im actually pulling two leaf spring right? cant i just pull one? or does that not really do anything?
slammedb26i   +1y
You CAN jus pull one leaf and be safe from bottoming out or scraping. Im running 4" blocks and 2 pulled leafs, sitting on axle already. I put my 2 leafs back in recently to get safety check and it came up a good 2 n a half inches
islandboi28   +1y
okay. right now i have a 3 inch block. i WANT to pull just one leaf. right now it sits okay but i want to drop the back another inch or so. do you think by pulling the one leaf it would acomplish what im trying to get?
slammedb26i   +1y
Yea it would give u a one drop by pulling one leaf. Hope this helps. Goodluck bro and post sum pix after
islandboi28   +1y
most def will. thanks for all your guys help!
Page 1 of 1