Page 3 of 4
Australia \  many Kiwis in this forum?

many Kiwis in this forum?

Australia Events
views 12357
replies 33
following 17

fe3tcourier   +1y
Sell the celica box, old v8 = boat anchor, 1uzfe + t56 = win. :-) Or DOHC + mild turbo setup? This is a pretty easy route if you don't go nuts like I did.
kj.electrical   +1y
Doesn't all that cost $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$?????????? Which doesn't come easy, only using gear I've got cos I've got it.
gavroars   +1y
Hi from Dunners' (Dunedin for non-Kiwi's). I've got an '86 B2000 Cab Plus SE-5 and have also got an FE3 out of a Kia Sportage in my driveway (saving my $ so I can swap that into it - probably need to pay an auto electrician to help me wire it up as I'm fairly sure I'll fry the computer if I try it myself). Also go some caddy tail lights and fillers to put in soon. Anyone on here down South in NZ?
y72vrc   +1y
Another kiwi here from WTF (Wellington trucking friends) ..reppin Mtnz.. bring on loatl 2016!!
post photo
post photo
Antique65   +1y
I'm a KIWI - Reside in Pukekohe. Work under way to rebuild a B2000 motor. Looking for a replacement ali rocker cover for a 1988 B2000 8-valve petrol motor. If anyone has a spare one please let me know!
Antique65   +1y
Well - Head was stuffed so a new replacement purchased. Block into reco's - 20 oversize rebore, still keeping standard compression (didn't think about this till too late), getting a cam grind to mild road sport grind. Importing a weber kit, and Pacesetter extractor from States. New twin core radiator. New clutch. All parts due to arrive home next week, and can start assembling. Would like to reduce or improve the amount of water plumbing rubber hoses but will look at this more closely when reassembling.
Post was last edited on Aug 29, 2016 08:08. This post has been edited 1 times.
kj.electrical   +1y
When you say weber kit is it a complete conversion to a weber? How much and where from?
Antique65   +1y
Complete weber kit - carb, adapter, air cleaner - jetted for standard B2000 - from Ebay - seller in USA "allautomotive" - NZ $406.04 delivered by UPS including shipping and customs - door to door. Pacesetter Extractor - from ebay - seller in USA "partscatalog2" - NZ $219.33 including shipping - some import duty to pay when arrive this end. A local carb not including the adapter and air cleaner was $ 619.00 so worth the wait.
Antique65   +1y
Cam regrind back today - looks good. Grinder says will give a nice sporty rumble and a few more horses. Pacesetter extractor arrived and looks good, and Weber at customs so expect this early next week. Still waiting for short block to be finished - hopefully this week as well. Got a twin core radiator to install. Just need to attach top mounting brackets to hold in place, and once motor in place either remount the fan shroud, or go for an electric fan. Will get some photos once underway.
Post was last edited on Sep 03, 2016 05:09. This post has been edited 1 times.
Antique65   +1y
Radiator installed - new mounting as not standard radiator - using a twin core and hopefully get better cooling. Chassis rails and cross-member cleaned up, descaled, rust killed, and painted. Motor 20 thou oversize pistons, and 10 thou under on crank - New head with valves and new cam - cam reground with sports grind.
The old manifold bolts on flange connecting to the exhausts had been installed with bolts that fit inside the flange recess, so can't get a spanner or socket on, so will take to it with the grinder.
Next - setting up the crank and cam timing, and drop the motor in place.
post photo
post photo
post photo
Post was last edited on Sep 25, 2016 07:09. This post has been edited 1 times.