Australia \  many Kiwis in this forum?

many Kiwis in this forum?

Australia Events
views 12356
replies 33
following 17

dvsdev   +1y
Yeah they should've used the Tui.
Looks way cooler, actually flys and appears on a beer bottle.
Much cooler than a bird we never actually see wild
jakec(jake)   +1y
What about your western mate. We get to eat our national emblem. Tastes good too. And its usually cheaper than beef. Old skippy never saw it coming.
dvsdev   +1y
Ha ha, yeah.
I wonder if Kiwi tastes like chicken, could be something in that.
So can you buy Roo in your local butcher or is it more of a specialty meat?
lvnlo   +1y
road kill!!! lol
kj.electrical   +1y
Hey guys, been on Bscene for a while and just found this thread, wish I'd found it earlier, so where you all at? Personally I'm in Vegas, and only kiwis will know what I mean ie Roto.....
fe3tcourier   +1y
My late grandmother was born down there! What style of truck do you have?
kj.electrical   +1y
1990 b2000. I got it fairly cheap but it was in bad condition, had to cut out and replace a large part of the A pillars both sides, interior was a bomb site. The list goes on. Still working away at it slowly. It's my daily runner/workhorse so I'm not gonna get it back to showroom condition. Lowered the front a couple of clicks, fitted 17" steels with 245x45 tyres. Also made up 2" & 3" lowering blocks as I wasn't sure how low I could go before rubbing. And then tinted windows, 5% rear and 15% front. Looks good. I'll have to take some pics and put them up. Springs are saggier than an old ladies jugs so I'm investigating what the best bet is there. I'm leaning towards air bags as I carry some heavy loads and can fleece most of the gear from work although the bags are 12", might be too big.
Post was last edited on Nov 29, 2015 07:11. This post has been edited 1 times.
kj.electrical   +1y
Oh yeah, it's a cab plus, good place for the active sub to go, gotta have the sounds
fe3tcourier   +1y
If by showroom, you mean storage yard out the back of the dealership, then sure :-D That's where mine came from. The old man taught me to drive in it as a teenager, then I inheritted it with no WOF and no chance of getting one. It's been rego on hold ever since. No longer has a hydraulic tipper weighs maybe 200-300kg less, and has about 5x the power. :-)
kj.electrical   +1y
DAMN air bag setups are expensive, think I'll settle for air shocks and setup a cab adjustable system. That'll free up more cash for the big project, repowering with a P76 V8 and celica 5 speed I've had gathering dust in the shed for near 20 years. Stock motor is tired and not making it up the hills and I need the grunt for loads and towing. Otherwise I could spend the same or more reconditioning the 4 banger, then what do I do with the Leyland motor and box? Gonna start planning that after Christmas, much to the wife's disgust, oh well, boys will be boys aye.