Page 5 of 15
Southeast \  DadandSonEyes 1989 MAZDA B2600i 4X4 Cab Plus continues HELP

DadandSonEyes 1989 MAZDA B2600i 4X4 Cab Plus continues HELP

Southeast Events
views 48936
replies 149
following 10

axel breaker earl   +1y

Your not looking in the correct place for the stamped numbers on the rods and mains.
Take a look at this picture and you'll know where to look. You may also need to clean the area if it is oil stained too much to see the stamped on numbers.
Also, there are 2 machined sides on the rods....one on each side of course......one side will have the location number (1-2-3-4) and the other side will have a stamped in "V" on it.....it will even be a little crooked on there, and it will be stamped right across the "split" where the cap separates from the rod........this is an "Alignment Mark".......you can see when you have the cap and rod joined as they should be, it will line up perfectly to show a "V" on that side.......the other side of the cap and rod will have the rod number stamped on both the rod half and the cap half!

Here is the pic......

thread post photo
mazda-man   +1y
Just wanted you to know that I ordered a new oil pump. I littlerally sat up in bed and thought "what am I doing, I have got over a 1000.00 in this motor and I am trying to skimp on the one item that could easily screw it up!" So at 2:15 in the morning I ordered a new pump. Got it for $215.50.
dadandsoneyes   +1y
I still can't find that gear that is 2 gears in one. I have went to 4 parts stores and searched hours online. It is on the passenger side of the engine. Front sproket connects to balance chain, BACK Sprocket portion connects to another gear to balance shaft.

Also, what size SEALED POWER PISTON RINGS are considered "STANDARD SIZE". The machine shop honned out my block cylinders and said all I need is put in the standard size for the truck ( 1989 Mazda B2600i 4x4 ).... Well, every wepage I goto shows chrome rings, or 10 other metals. What model number or what size am I supposed to use? (what is the "standard size " for 1989 piston rings) ?

Thanks for ANYONES HELP.

DadandSonEyes-
mazda-man   +1y
As for that gear you will HAVE TO go to a Mazda dealership to order it. You will never find it at a local parts store. It is too specialized of a part for your local AutoZone or others to have it. Have your VIN # handy when you call them. As for the piston rings you will want the cast iron rings if you are not going to have the cylinders bored out. The cast iron rings will seat well in your application. They will not last as long as a moly ring, (not to mention the cylinder walls need to be perfectly round and refinished) but you will still get another 100,000 miles out of them. The rings will be labeled as "Standard Size". That is how you know what size they are.
axel breaker earl   +1y
Here are the rings I just used in my B2600i truck I'm building.

thread post photo

RockAuto has them for $40.89 plus shipping.

I would also call around to your junkyards to see if they have any 1989-1993 B2600i's or any 1989-1994 MPV Mazda minivans.......they had this same engine, and get the balancer shaft gear and idler gear from one of those.......it's gonna be a whole lot cheaper for you!
dadandsoneyes   +1y
Awesome. Thank you! We will
Work on that, get the gear from dealer brand spanking new. And the rings from
RockAuto. We had found other brands but you said "Sealed power". So
We wanted to use your recommendation.

Thanks AxelBreakerEarl!!!!

DadandSonEyes
axel breaker earl   +1y
Your welcome man! Get that bad boy going again!
mazda-man   +1y
Hey, is this the gear that you are looking for? I am pretty sure that it is. I cannot believe that I came accross this, but maybe it is cheaper than the OEM gear.

dadandsoneyes   +1y
Mazda-man, YES, THAT IS IT WOW!!!!! Found it, but I just went to THE MAZDA DEALER TODAY AND ORDERED IT FOR $92.00

Thanks anyway, the Dealer has to get it in 3 days, but it is cheaper than that one online at autosupplyco.com. but hey, thanks very much for that link and finding it.

Mazda dealer said today they have 4 of those in inventory across the ENTIRE UNITED STATES. Which I find just crazy! You'd think with all the companies and Machining, Metallergy these days, that it would not be so hard to find and get these parts. I sure hope this truck never breaks after all this work of making the engine like "brand spanking new !!! " -- I'm going to post some more pictures of the BLOCK and our Progress soon.

Thanks ----- DadandSonEyes - 1989 MAZDA B2600i 4X4 SE-5 / FULL ENGINE REBUILD PROJECT !!!
mazda-man   +1y
I have had very good luck with getting parts from my dealer. The parts almost always come in a week or less. I too was surprised to find that gear. Almost couldn't believe I found it either. Usually a part like that is just to specialized for anyone but a dealer to have. And I don't know if a junk yard would give up just that part, because it would make an entire motor useless. Therefore they couldn't sell the whole motor as a "running motor". Glad you got it ordered!!