Page 1 of 2
S10 Engine \  4.3 questions

4.3 questions

S10 Engine S10 Tech
views 2216
replies 12
following 5

pig rig   +1y
what is the differance between the vortec 4.3 and the engine that came in the typhoon
were the typhoon engines 4.3
lvnlow9543   +1y
not to sure bro, i have been wanting to read some tech on them, but i can't find any really
pig rig   +1y
well with no one haven any answers heres what I found

maybe it will shed some light
maz89   +1y
The way it seems to me from your link pig, is that it is a 4.3 but the difference other than the obvious turbo and what not is it came out with the multi-port fuel injection, which the other vortec motors didn't until later years......?....... what did you come up with? Try postin' this over at DS and see if anyone has a more def. answer.....
lvnlow9543   +1y
looks like it comes with diff. pistons, a bigger throtle body, amd other internal, and bolt ons, i think it was the same principle, just now it is updated, and not beefed up?
scooter   +1y
the difference in the vortec and the typhoon 4.3 is the angle of the intake manifold and head where they meet up. plus the turbo and intercooler.
pig rig   +1y
so my vortec intake is not a bolt on deal
scooter   +1y
sorry pig rig but you can't bolt a vortec intake on to a regular tbi 4.3. you have to get vortec heads to put the intake on. i think regular heads are 19 degree heads and vortec heads are 23 degree heads or the opposite of that. also, a typhoon eginge is tune port/direct port since they have an injector per cylinder and they are running lower compression since they have a turbo.
dropemlow   +1y

exactly wat i was goin to say the typhoon was a turbo vortec motor basicly but with a lil different specs
pig rig   +1y
well now you got me thinking
because the engine that I put in last fall is a 91 (non vortec) but the head on the driver side is off my old vortec engine
it runs great but it falls off on the top end

but the casting numbers were the same on all four heads

hot dog chilly dog I'm still developing a problem
I think that engine is tearing it's self apart

"when in dout stick your toes in the carpet tell she makes a mess"