Page 1 of 2
General Discussion \  sfbd questions

sfbd questions

General Discussion
views 2262
replies 10
following 4

scooter   +1y
i decided to go ahead and do a sfbd on my s10. i was wondering if i could get a little help on how everyone tied the box tubing in on the front original frame? pics would be good if anyone has any. if there is any confusion, im building from the firewall back out of 2x3x3/16 box tubing, i got all my measurements and stuff i just would like a little info on the front and how to do a smooth transition from the original to the box tubing. thanx for any help given.
tofnlows10   +1y
put the 2x3 in the frame alittle, and plate from frame to frame.....easy to make it look good....dont have any pics tho..i'll see if my buddy does...
scooter   +1y
ok thanks alot
maz89   +1y
Yeah, like tofnlow said, run the 2x3 up into the stock front clip, I try to get as much of the 2x3 I can normally, just for added strength. Also, before you weld the 2x3 into the clip, you can drill a few holes in the side of the front clip and later when the 2x3 is inplace you'll see the 2x3 up against the holes and weld them up for added strength aswell. And for the transition, the factory clip will of coarse be bigger than the new rails, you can pie cut the factory clip where it meets the new rails at the top and side and bend it all to shape and make a very smooth and factory lookin transition......... hope some of this can be helpful, good luck bro
scooter   +1y
that helps alot man, thanx. i would never had thought of the pie cutting thing. thats a good idea. i was going to drill holes like you said for add strenght and security. but this is very helpful.
maz89   +1y
if you think of anymore questions just let me know, I'll try to help any way I can!
scooter   +1y
will do
minitruckinranger   +1y
Doordragr loves helpin. Psst, he gives good reacharounds too!
maz89   +1y

not everyone's a faget like you jevon..... silly rabbit, dicks are for chicks
minitruckinranger   +1y
Its all good in da hood bro!