Page 2 of 3
Isuzu Projects \  I cant wait to get it done

I cant wait to get it done

Isuzu Projects
views 4384
replies 20
following 7

22-zu   +1y
OK, so after a few problems with the frame and measurements and not having time to work on it, i finally got somewhere.
thread post photo

thread post photo

Noting is bolted but you can see the basic idea, it will work (i hope)
thread post photo

Everything is under the fender (whats left of it) so that tells me it will be under the hood, i dont have one yet so i have to imagine
thread post photo

thread post photo

It lays frame and if my rockers werent all beat up, more than an inch at a time would touch. just something else to smooth out but i dont think i can go much lower
thread post photo

Ill get my rear suspension and get my front done this coming week hopefully, hope you guys like it, i do.
eatinpavement   +1y
its under the fender right there, but what about the big gap at the bottom of the fender and the door. to close that the front of the fendr will have to come down and back more.
22-zu   +1y
the first pic looks bad, but the fender was actually sticking out, it looks kinda shady i know. the other pic we were jacking with it and the door fell a little, its only in by 1 bolt hand tight. but all that aside im gonna put a 1/4 plate on the bottom of my frame so i can drag on that instead of my actual air tank frame, and hopefully that gives me more than enough room. I have some work to do to it, its all just rough right now.

Do i think its possible to lay on 22's? maybe, but its a hell of a lot of work, and im kinda regreting shaving the pinch molding now, but o well no turning back.
eatinpavement   +1y
i hear ya. gonna be bad ass regardless. good luck with it all. keep us posted. how much lift does it get? get us some lifted pics once bags are in place
22-zu   +1y
will do, if you notice in the pics above i dont have the bottom a-arm mount yet, well now i do and i cycled the suspension with a fender actually on and square and with the arms leveled out im already clearing fender so i should get some good lift. Also i think if i can get it to lay without the 1/4 inch strip then ill go ahead and make it lay all the way down with it on.
Ill get some pics soon.
nascarguy3   +1y
Hey man I cant wait to see it done, but can you tell me what size tubing you are using for the frame and the thickness of the tubing, thanks man..
22-zu   +1y
i used 3x3x1/4, way overkill. i could have easily used 3/16 or maybe even 1/8, but i didnt want to take any chances with as much power hopefully will be on it.
nascarguy3   +1y
Thanks for the info.... cant wait to see it done.....
22-zu   +1y
np man. Quick update - i went to thorbeck bros. and got my 4 link, bag brackets for front and rear and some tabs i needed. the front suspension is all but done, just need to weld on the passenger side a-arm tabs.

Question - when i got the truck the front crossmember was cut off, can anyone give me measurements to theirs or do you think i would be better off putting my fenders on and eye balling it? thanks
eatinpavement   +1y
how do you need it measured? from what to what?