Page 1 of 2
Suspension \  static drop

static drop

Suspension Isuzu Tech
views 1874
replies 12
following 6

93zuzu89   +1y
being that money is short for me (senior in highschool, part time job, truck payment) i've decided to do a simple static drop for now. i'm gonna order 4'' drop blocks for the back and crank down on the torsion bars in the front. i've lowered my truck in the front before using the torsion bars and i started going through tires like crazy. if i drop the back this time and lower the front would i still get the same abnormal tire wear?
isuzueh   +1y
yes you will when you lower the front suspension you get negetive camber loxer the front then go get an alignment
93zuzu89   +1y
thanks man. i'm sorta new at all this and i'm jus tryin to learn all i can.
isuzueh   +1y
no propb man good luck and have lots of fun with it
eatinpavement   +1y
IF YOU GET DROP SPINDLES, THE TIRE WEAR WILL BE MINIMAL
lowzone1   +1y

well sort of.....im running a static drop with 4" blocks and cranked torsions, no alignment yet and over 2k miles with no abnormal tire wear. Ive run drop spindles, beside them throwing the front track out about an inch wider, you HAVE to get an alignment right away, otherwise you will kill your tires. As everyone said, a cranked torsion bar front end drop will give you negative camber (maybe alittle toe issue), but spindles will throw the toe out alot more as well. Being on a high school/truck payment/part time job funding, crank the t-bars and get an alignment as soon as possible but it will be drivable for abit. heres mine with a 4" drop...the front has to go lower i know:
thread post photo

thread post photo

thread post photo
isuzueh   +1y
man that almost looks as if you have some positive camber going on there haha
lowzone1   +1y
yeah right, its just the angle of the camera and my driveway. just for a personal note.... DONT BUY WANLI TIRES...OMG, the noise, make it stop....please GOD make the tire noise stop....whirrr whirrrr whirrrr whirrrr whirrrrr.....but hey they were 55.00 each
93zuzu89   +1y
what kind of rims are those from?
lowzone1   +1y
nissan titan. i have 2 people wanting them so far. one left a deposit but havent heard from them. im selling them for 400+shipping. they are bored out to clear the hubs up front. If you have a GM rear you need them bored as well, the JAA vin japanese built trucks with the Isuzu 12 bolt, you dont and have the front hubs machined down to clear....i also have 5 - 5 spoke titan rims also for sale, not bored out