Page 1 of 1
Suspension \  rear end queston!!

rear end queston!!

Suspension Isuzu Tech
views 1029
replies 5
following 2

isuzueh   +1y
k i can't tuck my rims because of the offset...new rims is a last resort lol so i was looking into getting the rear end shortend....has anyone ever done this to their isuzu rear??? what are some of the specs on the stock rear?? thanks
lowzone1   +1y
what size rims are you wanting to run? i can tuck most rims on my truck. ive run 18x8 25mm offset Nissan titan rims, 17x7.5 30mm offset (yeah 5" BS) Toyota Tacoma 6 luggers, Nissan Supercharged Frontier 17x8s and various aftermarket rims, like Center line 18x8s with 5" backspacing. its Close on the fronts but the rears are waaaaaaaaay inward. Isuzu rears have a 1" overall narrower track then the fronts, so you have an extra 1/2" +/- on each side. Also 18x7 Isuzu Vehicross rims tuck ALOT!!!!!!
Shorting a rear thats not a Dana/GM corporate or any other "muscle car" rear is going to be $$$$$$$$$$ you can have the tube cut and shortened and have the ends rewelded on and probably have the axles cut down maybe an inch, if there is enough spline length......but to gain an inch on each side........thats about all i would think you could get out without having the axle shaft splines reground/regrooved.....
isuzueh   +1y
im trying to run 17's the tire on them is a 215/45z/r17 .....um i don't know the offset is there a formula i can use to calculate that?? if i had my camera i would snap a pic to show you how close it is thanks for the help
isuzueh   +1y
ok here i got a pic......i don't wanna trim the fender anymore......is there any other option here can i get the inside of the rim machined down???

'/DCP_0772.jpg
lowzone1   +1y
your running AIM/Chassis tech spindles, arent you???? they pop the front track out about 12mm each side. if not you are running a near zero offset rim. and looking at the tire, thats a 17x8....isnt it??? i did the same tire size on a 17x8 and the sidewall angled like that. my 17x8s had 6" of backspacing and tucked even with drop spindles. 17x8 with 25mm offset (about an inch) equals 5" back spacing. if you measure your rims width and its 17x 8.25-8.5 you have a 17x8 rim. the rims width its actually measured from the bead seat inside the lip. so if you measure from the back of the WMS (wheel mating surface, where the hub touches) to the outside back lip, subtract about 1/4 off that measurement. Example...its 4.75" backspacing from the wms to the lip...you actually have a 4.5" backspacing (roughly) and that equals about 12mm offset on a 8" rim (which can measure about 8.5" from outer lip edges) or ZERO offset on a 17x9 rim (17x9.5 outside dimensions)....... its confusing i know.....
isuzueh   +1y
thanks for the help im gonna go out there tomorrow and try and get the offset and try not to be confused lol.....as for the spindels surprisingly the front fits fine tucks great and everything its just the rear im having troubles with
Page 1 of 1