Page 1 of 2
Mazda Engine General \  engine swap help

engine swap help

Mazda Engine General Mazda Engine Mazda Tech
views 1580
replies 11
following 6

91hotboxx   +1y
i need to know if their is a how-to post for a 12a swap i need to know everything that is needed and where i can find most of these parts i need to know asap i have an engine that was offered to me so before i take i need to know what else is needed and all that bullish so if yall could help it would be grateffully appreciated
mazdamn   +1y
no into tech how to or anything. even on rx7club.com. I also am in the process. I had a 12a, but I needed a tranny too, in the process I was given a 100% complete 13b, with tranny, so I am going that route with the efi and all. SOUTHERNRAZED is the closest thing to a tech write-up. He's done one in his truck.
nytrdr24   +1y
there are several post in the engine section about rotary swaps, although most are for 13b's.....nice thing on the 12a is that any associated wiring should be simpler than that on a 13b. you'll have to fab engine mounts, not sure on the frame x-member, but the trannys are interchangable between the b2k & b22k trucks and the n/a rx's. I would use the trucks tranny as the internals are stronger, but you may want to swap out the 5th gear for better mileage @ hwy speeds. you'll have to swap the bellhousing out on the trannys, but that is about it. also there are some nice little manifolds for those & the n/a 13b's so that you can run a side draft carb on them...anyhow, that's all I know for sure, there is alot of good interchange info about mazda stuff on solomiata's site, mazdatrix, & mazdatrucking too that can supplement what you find on here.

good luck!
91hotboxx   +1y
thanks for the help guys i think i had seen a link on one of these posts so i can buy a bolt in engine mounts or sumthing like that or is that for a 13b?
southernrazed   +1y
asfar as i know the 12a uses a front engine mount and no side mountsso it would be really easy so make something...and a tranny mount will also have to be made as well as a driveshaft....as far as info yea rx7club.com is cood bu there a bunch of pricks...a more freindly forum is nopistons.com...sorry mazdamm i still haven bene able to get down to the shop i am in the middle of moving right now and switchingjobs and such..i promise i will soon though
southernrazed   +1y
asfar as i know the 12a uses a front engine mount and no side mountsso it would be really easy so make something...and a tranny mount will also have to be made as well as a driveshaft....as far as info yea rx7club.com is cood bu there a bunch of pricks...a more freindly forum is nopistons.com...sorry mazdamm i still haven bene able to get down to the shop i am in the middle of moving right now and switchingjobs and such..i promise i will soon though
racer x   +1y
If you use the trucks tranny the only mount to be made is the motor mounts.That way the shifter sit in the same place and the tranny mount and driveshaft are the same as before.You'll be on your own tho when it comes to mounts.
91hotboxx   +1y
thanks for all the info well i got the engine and full trans its sitting here at my shop another question is can this be done in one saturday??? thanks in advance again
mazdamn   +1y
I think so.
91hotboxx   +1y
hey would i have to eliminate my stock fuel pump and replace it with an external one???