threads
Page 1 of 2
General Discussion \  Project Depression?

Project Depression?

General Discussion
views 2415
replies 13
following 8

dragn92nznsi   +1y
im getting pretty depressed about my project... ive got alot done and im way ahead of most people my age, but i still feel like its never going to be driveable again... its in 3 different places (cab, frame, and bed), and im not even half done yet... AND up until a couple weeks ago i was all paid up on everything, then i went 950 into the red for 20s... itll be worth it when its paid but right now, ive put over 3 grand in my truck and i have nothing to show for it to everyone who knows me-- i spent 2 summers working full time and spent every penny on my truck, and its not even close to driveable haha i dont even have a cellphone because as soon as i get money im making something on my truck it gets kinda tiring
tnjeff   +1y
BRO U HAVE TO KEEP UR HEAD UP...ALSO WHEN BUYING SHIT MAKE WISE CHOICES ON WHAT UR BUYIN...THE BLAZER COST ME ABOUT 15K TO MUCH BECAUSE I BOUGHT IN HASTE .....I SPENT LIKE 26K ON IT .......THIS ISUZU IS GNNA BE SUPER CHEAP B/C OF SPONSORS BUT IF THERE IS ANYTHING I HAVE U CAN USE LET ME KNOW I ALSO HAVE A GOOD HOOK UP WITH ALOT OF MAJOR COMPANIES.I KNOW MATT BAKER AND BOB GRANT AT GRANT KUSTOMS ON A PERSONAL LEVEL ASWELL AS ALL THE GUYS AT SUICIDE DOORS AND A FEW EDITORS SO I WILL HELP U IN ANYWAY POSSIBLE BRO
dragn92nznsi   +1y
this looks like the beginning of a very beneficial friendship haha

im doing my best, i dont have much money to begin with, my family is far from rich... i got great deals on the stuff i have, i spent under 50 for my 12 gallon tank, and i got my valves last christmas for buy one get one free on FBI
tnjeff   +1y
WELL BRO I AM A DEALER FOR SUICIDE AND GRANT KUSTOMS...I TAKE CARE OF FELLOW MINITRUCKERS IF U CATCH MY DRIFT ....ALSO KNOW AN AWSOME PAINTER AND FELLOW CLUB MEMBER IN LANCASTER LIKE I SAID BRO ANYTHING I CAN HELP U WITH FEEL FREE TO ASK
dragn92nznsi   +1y
niiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiice
baha   +1y
Yeah just stay positive man, take a break if you have to. I think everyone gets burned out at times.
tnjeff   +1y
YEAH KEEP FROM GETTIN BURNED OUT
farmer joe   +1y
i know how ya feel man. even though my truck is drivable, i wish i had the cash to just take it down to the frame and go from there. im starting to get back on my feet from moving, so now i can start to play.

dont get discouraged. i did on my last project and ended up partting it out. i kick myself in the ass everyday for doin it.
crazymikey   +1y
I know the feeling too. My truck has been off the road since June after just putting a new motor in it. It's been driveable for the whole time,but it's been parked and I've done a bunch of work on it,and I have like $5000 into my truck and I have nothing to show for it except some primer and some new parts nobody other than an enthusiast would notice. It's supposed to be parked for the winter,but because my winter beater has crapped out,now I have to pull it out and put it back on the road and drive the poor thing in the winter.

Oh well. I have a goal to finish it,no matter how long or bumpy that road may be. I have spent too much money and given up on too many projects in the past to let this one be another "I used to have".
oldskewlkool   +1y
keep the head in up right position and the chin in the forward position, and F**k all the H8RS that try to tell you it want ever be shit