Page 1 of 1
General Discussion \  drum brakes

drum brakes

General Discussion
views 779
replies 7
following 3

93zuzu89   +1y
is there any tricks to taking the drums off or any knowledge anyone can help me with?
isuzueh   +1y
like what do want to know are the drums stuck on ?? if so all i do is put the tire on with one of the lugs and just reef it back and forth until the drums breaks free then just tap it off with a hammer
93zuzu89   +1y
i just wanna know the basic proceedure in taking them off really.
92zuzuman   +1y
I dont wanna sound like a dick, but go grab the isuzu pickup haynes manual at the auto parts store...
93zuzu89   +1y
i've got one. it doesn't go into much detail about removing the brake drums and i've taken a shot at it and couldn't get it off.
isuzueh   +1y
what did you get stuck on??? my truck has discs but i mean ive done alot of drum brakes they look tougher than they really are
93zuzu89   +1y
only problem i had was getting the actual drum off. had to beat the living hell outta it to get it off but the actual brake shoe assembly wasn't that hard to replace, just the usual annoying springs and my driver's side wheel cylinder was shot to hell. i was just wondering if i was doing something wrong when i was taking off the drum because it wasnt a walk in the park.
isuzueh   +1y
haha yea man they're a pain in the ass....nothing some good wrestling and a big hammer won't help
Page 1 of 1