threads
Page 1 of 1
Mazda Engine General \  in desperate needs of detailed pics of a weber carb installe

in desperate needs of detailed pics of a weber carb installe

Mazda Engine General Mazda Engine Mazda Tech
views 1105
replies 5
following 3

drpdmazda   +1y
i am having nothing but problems with my truck running right since i put in the weber carb ( 32/36 ) and the msd ignition if someone has detailed pictures of one installed especially which vacuum lines are left and where they are hooked up i would really appreciat it
i am in a bad situation please help a brutha out
mullet   +1y
I only have one vacume line on mine.. and thats from the dizzy to the carb. I will try to get some pics up asap.
Mike
drpdmazda   +1y

you the man, i have the same one hooked up but for some reason the truck keeps dieseling when i shut it off, i have to put it in gear and basically stall it to turn it off, did you take your vacuum canister out? i have no clue i am totaly lost, i think i am going to take out the msd ignition too and see if that helps at all
mullet   +1y
HAHAHAHA mine does the same thing.. i just have to rebuild mine tho.. i tell everyone its my turbo timmer.. still working on the pics.. my appt complex decided that my computer has a virus.. but it dosen't.. so i have to bumb friends when i can. Will defenatly keep working on it for you.
Mike
pure insanity   +1y
if you have a dieseling issue, then it sounds to me like your timing is too bigh. try setting the timing back a little and see if it helps.
also be sure to have some good octane gas in it. ive had a case of bad gas cause dieseling before.
if those dont work, then you may have carbon on the pistons and valves. there are several ways to clean this carbon but i dont like any of them personally. find yourself an old timer and see if he can tell you how to use water to do it.
pure insanity   +1y
also you mentioned the msd unit. a friend of mine put an msd on a older camaro and it wouldnt hardly shut off. he called msd tech support and they told him he needed a diode in the switch wire. put in the diode and problem solved. i dont know details but that might be your case.
Page 1 of 1