Page 1 of 2
Mazda Engine General \  Clunk...

Clunk...

Mazda Engine General Mazda Engine Mazda Tech
views 2101
replies 15
following 8

impulse   +1y
SO everytime i change gears and what not i get a nice clunking sound... anyone else have this problem and know how to fix it?
gwadzam   +1y
does the sound go away when you press in the clutch pedal?
impulse   +1y
well it clunks when i shift... clunks when I press on the gas, and clunks when i take my foot off the gas quickly...

note: it just clunks once when it does.

it also squeeks like a bitch unless im accelerating, or slowing down, but when im just driving at one speed its fuckin squeeks... annoying as hell!!!
gwadzam   +1y
damn i thought it could be the throwout bearing, but thats a different sound than what you described so im not sure now.
cid (dale)   +1y
Center Bearing maybe?

Dale
phatdaddy   +1y
check your u joints, also the rearend could be worn, try and listen to see where it comes from under the bed or under the cab.
midnightmike   +1y
i had that problem a couple times, the one time it was my lowering blocks were disenergrating away so it ended up loosening the rear end up and also is was a motor mount, could be a U joint but when i had a diferent sound it sounded like somone was hitting my drive shaft with a hammer, could be a tranny mount too
impulse   +1y
im gonna get it up on jackstands tomorrow and get workin on it so hopefully I can figure it out.
impulse   +1y
ok so its my driveshaft clunking at the diff...

so there is some play in the driveshaft and its been leaking where the driveshaft goes into the diff... would the seal is broken there?

Now what do I need to do to fix that...

drop the drive shaft, then how do i fix the seal?

thanks!
midnightmike   +1y
i think its in the diff, u might have to pull apart the diff it self but im not sure the only time ive had probs with the diff is when i blew out the spider gears, to many 1 wheel peels and drifting.... im on my 4th diff now, and i dont do any more of that shit