threads
Page 1 of 1
Mazda Engine General \  Removing the crap!

Removing the crap!

Mazda Engine General Mazda Engine Mazda Tech
views 1668
replies 9
following 8

1hotdawg   +1y
Yo anyone care to detail getting off all the emissions crap? I played with mine a little, but noticed once you take off the 3 hoses from the air cleaner canister, it sounds like crap lol. So give us your wisdom please. I don't even want the stock air cleaner assembly.
justgettinstarted   +1y
by crap do u mean idleing or when u floor it its extremely loud......mines loud i hate it. will get it all bent and cut at the axle when i do my bags.
1hotdawg   +1y
lol I mean by crap, it's loud under the hood. Sounds sick, like uh...hmm... not like it should. I'm not talkin bout the sound from the exhaust, it's under the hood. I guess it's from those tubes that are on the header. Sounds like metal hitting together lol, I guess. Kind of a clapping sound?

Hard to describe sounds

I got flowmasters, and they sound sweet!
mark   +1y
my truck when i bought it came with those plugged or crimped you could call it...it ran fine, but i hooked them all back up

i'd just recommend getting a weber carb, then u can ditch all the emission stuff and the stock air cleaner
1hotdawg   +1y
Wanna lend me $500?
bigroy_80   +1y
which webber carb should you get to keep it running alright?
impulse   +1y
i think its a weber 32/36 or 34/36?

sumthin like that?
stock_fat0727   +1y
if u follow the pipes that come off the manifold they go in to a flange and u can just unbolt them from from the manifold and the flang then get a piece of metal and drill holes where u need them and that will take care of those ugly EGR pipes.
drtyhatch   +1y
few tricks i've learned working on mazda;s for the last 5 yrs...

1-If you keep your egr pipes hooked up and remove the top of your air box(only the cover) your truck will sound like a civic w/an intake, LOL funny i know and who really cares but if some of you do then this will satisfy your F&F needs, basically it sounds fuel injected instead of carbed. I found this did add power and gitty up to the 8 valve crap box engine... i do not recommend this for rainey or dusty conditions.

2-You can simply cut the pipes at the #1 catilytic convertor and weld them shut, or you can buy a header and it does away with all of the EGR stuff. Pacesetter makes a descent one, it is available in black and a polished like finish, I recommend the polished(jet coated) finish simply because the black headers tend to rust pretty bad.
mullet   +1y
link to find the headers? can't seem to find them.
Page 1 of 1