Page 1 of 1
General Discussion \  Big Brake conversion

Big Brake conversion

General Discussion
views 2323
replies 9
following 5

ben thorne   +1y
anyone done one? If so what did you use? wilwood gear?

Thanks
Ben
low_pup   +1y
i havent done it yet but i am planning on going with baer breaks all the way around. they are some big ones, i gotta send in my drop spindels as a core becuase they have to give my new drop spindles to accomodate the breaks.
ben thorne   +1y

So bear make a brake upgrade kit for isuzu's. But you cant use aim/chassis tech drop spindels. Is that right?

Thanks
/// xception   +1y
I havent heard if they do make a big brake upgrade but that would be cool.
low_pup   +1y
to my knowlage you have to send them your drop spindles are cores and they will send you the modified ones back. somthing like that. i worked for them for a little while and they make so much shit man its unreal. but thats what my moms b/f told me. i had him get the info becuase he has worked there for a couple of years.
eatinpavement   +1y
im attempting to adapt Toyota Supra brakes on the front of mine since i already have large rear discs. now that my motor swap is near completion thats what i'm going to tackle next before the truck hits the road again. i will let yall know how that turns out.
ben thorne   +1y
Got my brakes sorted. Thought I would share some picks with you all.

When I got them.

thread post photo

Now fitted to my drop spindels

thread post photo
eatinpavement   +1y
nice
bjscustombillet   +1y
In the front im using wilwood calipers and made my own hats that bolt to the back side of the toyota hubs like normal. Then i used the speedway 12.25 rotors on the front. with a new caliper mount. On the rear i used a toyota rearend and wilwood calipers, with ford explorer rear hats. Then made new caliper mounts and a ring to keep the hat hub centric.
/// xception   +1y
Its awesome that everyone is doing big brake upgrades. I might have to upgrade my brakes for the 08 season. You guys are making me work on my truck again with all your cool rides.
Page 1 of 1