Page 1 of 1
General Discussion \  New Isuzu minitrucker in PA

New Isuzu minitrucker in PA

General Discussion
views 751
replies 5
following 3

b-line   +1y
Hi everybody, New here, and heck, new to Isuzu's too. In fact this is the first non- american vehicle I've owned. Anyway, its a '85 P'UP, 2wd/auto. Maroon w/ a near perfect tan interior and chrome bumpers/grill. Got it cheap from a lil old lady who bought it new in 85. 103,000 miles, and for living in pa its whole life is not that rusty. Been a minitrucker forever so plans are to eventually body drop it to the bed (cut rockers) tuckin a set of '20s but otherwise go with the "stock look". But for now while working on other projects I will just static drop it hard for the time being. I just liked how different it was from everything else on the road anymore since everyone threw them away. I am a long time member of Visual Reality cc out of York pa. . Other fellow minitruckers may remember me for my body dropped Sears lawn tractor, as seen a few times in minitruckin magazine, as well as street trucks. Look forward to the Isuzu knowledge I will gain from you all, and to meeting those of you who attend the shows within the sceene.
Peace, Brian.
baha   +1y
Welcome to the site man we love pics!
gldsuzi   +1y

Your on DND right? The truck is brown one that we had to talk you into buying? Hahahahahaha
b-line   +1y
Yeah thats me, it looked kinda brownish in those pics, but its really a maroon color with almost a pinkish hue in the sun. weird color, but factory. Just tried posting those pics again on here, but its not working, I think they are too large because they were getting cut in half.
Anybody got a clue as to what engine I might have? Or how to distinguish between different engines? The hoods been replaced and there are no decals anywhere. Its pretty slow if that helps. 1.9L maybey?
gldsuzi   +1y

I went to rockauto.com put 85 isuzu pickup in, the only 2 engine options were 1.9 gas and 2.2 diesel so probably the 1.9, on mine the block is stamped 4ZD1 huge on the left side of the block twards the back, so you might be able to find out by looking there
b-line   +1y
Cool thanks, its a gas motor, and all original, so it must be a 1.9L. Good to know
Page 1 of 1