Page 1 of 2
General Discussion \  96 mazda b2300/ ford ranger

96 mazda b2300/ ford ranger

General Discussion
views 10926
replies 11
following 4

rscottkdesign   +1y
Well i kno these two trucks are pretty much one in the same. And its much easier to find parts for the ranger, and many parts will fit the b2300 from the ranger, but to what extent dose this work ? I dont wanna order something for like a 96 ranger thinking it will fit and the parts comes just to find out it dosent. SO will all the parts form the same year ranger fit my b2300 or just some ?
crazymikey   +1y
mechanicals and interior trim will all be the same,but when it comes to body panels,fenders,hoods and lights, they most likely will not fit. The only things that will probably fit are front bumpers and a rollpan. Beds are obviously interchangable, but don't look right when they're swapped. The Mazdas have a nicer flowing beside to them whereas the Ranger is flat.

But what you can do is front clip swaps and stuff. Order a whole Ranger front clip with projector headlights,billet grille,clear corners,cowl hood and stuff,and bolt it all on the Mazda.

I have a 2002 B4000 4x4,but it's bone stock.
rscottkdesign   +1y
cool, so if i do the lights i have to do the grill and all ?
mazdabon2nd   +1y
no you dont have to buy the ranger grill just have to cut the mazda grill. Its a common swap
crazymikey   +1y
depends on the years though. earlier ones you can probably get away with cutting the grille,but lonce you get like 2000-2008,things definetly won't line up. The hoods,fenders and fascias are totally different shapes and can't be interchanged unless everything is changed.

what year is your truck?
crazymikey   +1y
Like,I would love to put a 2002+ Ranger hood on my truck cuz they almost look like a cowl hood,but the grille shape is different along the top and the hood would look rediculous or not even fit.
kickinwing   +1y
Hmmm, I have a friend who is picking up a b4000 and I will let you guys know what we can find out.
crazymikey   +1y
what year?

This is my 2002. I beleive they started with this front end in 2000 or 2001.
thread post photo

This is my stepdad's 2008
thread post photo
crazymikey   +1y
I would like to do a Ranger front bumper with the round fog lights on mine and also get some Ranger rims because I hate the stupid 3 spoke rims.

Also want to ditch the stupid hood moustache too. Man I hate those freakin things.
rscottkdesign   +1y
mines a 96 b2300