Page 1 of 3
General Discussion \  Pre Running

Pre Running

General Discussion
views 6580
replies 22
following 13

kickinwing   +1y
Well, I have decided that having a slammed truck wouldn't be practical for Nebraska so instead I have decided to Pre Run it. Later (if this is even possible input is good) I may try and find a front axel from a 2600 and convert my 2200 to 4wd. Anyways, my question is, does anyone have a b2200 prerunner, if so pics are apprecieated, and if you do have one, how hard was it to pull off?
crazymikey   +1y
Talk to Pephen.
pepehn   +1y
2600s don't have A front axle, they have 2 axle shafts/cv shafts. all of the front suspension is different, when comparing a 2wd n 4wd mazda.
i've kind of been trying to find a whole 4wd frame n drivetrain for a while, but i don't think its worth it, nor is a solid axle swap, for what our trucks are worth.

im in the process of building a prerunner style truck. im gonna have 32s, 3in bodylift, 1.5-2" upper balljoint spacers. and shackles. i want 32s because i have mismatched wheels (2 8" wide and 2 10" wide) so im getting 32x11.5s so i can run the same size tire all around without difficulty. i would probably reccomend going with a 30x9.5 or 31x10.5 or so on pathfinder wheels. probably a super swamper radial in the back, or an mt/r...something super aggresive...and maybe something a little lighter duty up front.

if your ambicious enough, pickup an axle from a nissan or toyota truck or something and stuff a locker in it, and i bet you you would go most places a mild 4wd would

just my 0.02
1dayiwill   +1y
are you gonna do anything to ur fenders with those big tires or will it clear with the lift?
pepehn   +1y
yepp cutting up to the bodyline off, so about 4" or so up. thats where the inner fender sits as well. i might have to put trailer fenders in to make a lil more clearance depending on how my 32s are going to fit. i still haven't put any lift in...so we'll see how it sits with the lift.

goddd i cant wait to get finished school n come home n work on this thing....
sierrax   +1y
Here's a current pic of mine with 28" tall tires. Works mint without rubbing or any mods. I would like at least a 2" suspension lift soon though. Will probably go with a BJ spacer and arched leafs unless we can get a few guys to order control arms from a member on here.

thread post photo

thread post photo

thread post photo
crazymikey   +1y
hey nice wheels
shilaeli huggr (burdaddy)   +1y
if any of y'alls interested i got a body lift for sale. its a 3". took the bed section off tonite, hopin to have the cab section out later this week. i've already broke 2 of the bolts on it but the spacers are all good.
twisted minis   +1y
Um, prerunners aren't 4WD. If thats what you're actually going for don't even bother with trying 4WD. Not worth it. And it sounds like you where looking for a straight axle. Thats not what you want. Just go straight for the long travel suspension.

Prerunners are much more expensive than bagged trucks.
sierrax   +1y
Are you still interested in making those arms? How many sets do you need to make?