Page 1 of 1
General Discussion \  help with right hand drive

help with right hand drive

General Discussion
views 1452
replies 5
following 5

4doormazda   +1y
i need some help with my mazda i want to make it rhd .... i want to put a rack and pinon on it but dont know want kind ... just need some pics of under construction... of making a mazda rhd if any1 can help that would kick @$$ .... thanks ... josh
impulse   +1y
im gonna be doin it as well soon enuff... not sure what rack to use and stuff... i'll probably take a few measurements and head to the wreckers.
mullet   +1y
you can use the rack and pinion setup from a toyota tacoma.. from my understandings. I have never done the conversion tho.
Mike
pancaked   +1y
a lot of people i know of used the r&p off a mail truck least thats the jersey way to do it haha
Mrich88   +1y
Hi....i am trying to restart this thread. I am in the middle of doing this rhd conversion...but I hit a slight glitch. I thought I would take the steering column bracket off a rhd donor vehicle and weld it in place on mine then proceed to cut holes in the firewall for the brake booster and steering shaft. However the firewall is not symmetrical as I initially thought and the bracket sits much lower than it does initially....anyone ever did this swap successfully? And wanna give me a few.pointers?
I don't wanna cut and weld and compromise the existing firewall....but is it a necessity?
Page 1 of 1