Page 1 of 2
General Discussion \  Buying Advice

Buying Advice

General Discussion
views 2772
replies 11
following 5

joeyaces   +1y
Hello all, I just got offered a 91' B2200 reg. cab. It has 110 thousand km on it, and he's had it in storage the past 5 years. The interior is in great shape and the body is solid, there is a little surface rust in some spots, he got hit at some point, in the driver's side of the box, it hit the cab corner a little but I know I can get that pushed out. He wants $500 cdn. for it and I think its a good deal but I thought I would ask just to see.

If I were to get it, would I be better off just getting a whole new box or should I fix the one it has now, I know its hard to say without a picture but I havn't taken one yet and I don't know how to attach them. Thanks for any help or advice!
Joe
cid (dale)   +1y
Regardless, the fact that it's 500$ CND is good enough just for a parts truck. If you can get a new box or know someone that can fix that one i'd do it. Sounds like a good deal if you like the truck.

Post some pics when you have a chance.

Dale
2fine89   +1y
If it starts and runs .. 2 Words BUY IT. 110k is pretty low for a 91. My 89 is just hittin 200k and going strong. Good luck.
bagged89mazda   +1y
i say buy it if you know it runs good and shifts good .. and theres no rust in the frame .. If you know someone who can get the dent taken out the cab corner good thats a plus , and if you can track down a bed for it in that good a shape even better . 500cdn sounds decent (even though i have no idea what that exhange would be in us lol )
joeyaces   +1y
500 Canadian would be about 400 American. I just went out and took some pics (the guy who owns it lives across the hall from me so the truck is just out in the parking lot) but I havn't figured out yet how to post pics. I know someone mentioned how to in another post but I can't find it. I forgot to mention before but it comes with a set of buckets that are sitting in the box(probly have been in the rain). I havn't heard it run yet, but I don't see why it wouldn't, compared to my other 91' it seems so young and my old one runs fine except for the tranny. Oh it also has a bed liner and looks as though the bed is in perfect shape on the inside which makes me hate to think about throwing it away for another one.
bagged89mazda   +1y
the mazda bed sides come off these trucks .. take the bolts that mount it to the bulk head out on the side thats damaged .. then under the bed rail its welded or pinch weld together it'll come apart .. if you go to a body shop and ask em they'll tell you what would have to be done to take that panel off its worth it bro .. the seats well you could have em redone so that you won't have the stench of mildew in the truck from the seats i'd imagine they have some by now . send me the pics if you have em online at and i'll post em for you .
joeyaces   +1y
The pics are in the mail. Thanks man.
bagged89mazda   +1y
joey .

i tried to upload them to the site gallery but it won't acknowledge it as single pics . cause its a zip file . any chances you could send them one by one in jpg format ? or i can help you thru this right here .

go to gallery hit create a gallery fill out the info there ... then select upload pics then clip browse .. it will come up with files from your pc .. FIND your pic (do this 1 at a time ) and upload it .. it should go thru if u have it in jpg. let me know if you run into a prob.
midnightmike   +1y
just make sure its not burning oil, its been sitting for that long the valve seal might have dryed out..... other then that what are u waiting for?
joeyaces   +1y
Ok thanks, I think I can follow those instructions.

Thanks for the tip Mike, should I just check the colour of the oil?