threads
Page 1 of 1
General Discussion \  B2000 Wre up with a b2200 wire harness????

B2000 Wre up with a b2200 wire harness????

General Discussion
views 1471
replies 5
following 4

bagged89mazda   +1y
wtf ! I wanta know is it TRUE or NOT that u can wire up a b2000 motor with a b2200 wire harness .I've been told that you can't but i asked someone on Ssm about it and lets say a few others said yea . Idon't know what to believe . I found a b2000 wire harness in virgina but the guy is weary of selling it to me as he is totally unsure if it will work . I asked the mazda dealer about it and they said that the 86 b2000 was offered with different options thus needing diferent wire harnesses .. they created 3 different harnesses . The 87 b2000 is the same way came out with three different wire harnesses . The dealer said that he could correctly identify weather or not the wire harness would work by a serial number ! .. So i went on ssm (Sense there seems to be alot of ppl with knowledge on our mazdas) asked for info on where on the block is the serial number so i can match it up to this other wireharness . I am hoping that its the right one so i can get it and get things started with it . the amount of work needed could easily be done in a week ..all i have left to do is wire the motor up , get my brakes done , get the exhaust done , run some new fuel lines , fuel sending unit ,. register it , take it to inspection and done ! Legal to drive it ! damn wtf .
pont   +1y
as you know i just pulled out one from a 86 and all the options thay spoke of was on the main harness not the one for the carb which is the one you need the only thing that was on the smaller one (on the pass side) was the wipers which all trucks have stock i would try it hook up the B2200 wire harness up to the B2000 computer and carb se if it runs it will take you 30 min to try it out
bagged89mazda   +1y
the b2200 harness won't plug into the b2000 computer . i tried that once b4 . can you take a pic of the section that your talkin about ? that goes from the carb to the wire harness ..... i wonder if its the same . . heres a coulpe pics of the b2200 wire harness thats in mine : and one of the sections i am holding up goes to the plugs that go to the carb yeah they connect but im not sure what other wires .... heres the other pic i took this wire is coming round abouts where the battery box is . so i dunno
tomkat   +1y
The B2200 harness WILL plug in to the B2000 computer unless you have a B2200i fuel injected.
bagged89mazda   +1y
no my b2200 is carb'd .. but i tried hookin the b2200 harness to the computer before and it wouldn't hook up
eksessivdragger   +1y
I had no problems w. plugging mine in and everything. truck runs good. I have a JDM 2.o in my B2200
Page 1 of 1