threads
Page 1 of 2
General Discussion \  Spreading the sickness.. bad decission?

Spreading the sickness.. bad decission?

General Discussion
views 2569
replies 11
following 8

mullet   +1y
Since i have moved to Gainesville.. i have noticed that a lot of the high school aged kids LOVE mini trucks. And have actually started growing into the sport. But i also find that they are extremely willing to take advantage of me and my knowhow.. as well as extra parts. I have found myself going to these kids rescue one too many times.. and when i get them back to my shop.. they all of a sudden need a compressor off my shelf to get home. Its hard for me to step up and be like.. i need my shit back.. because thats not true mini truckin style.. but at the same time.. neither is jackin my stuff. So far i own.. but don't have in possession.. one compressor, like 8 shirts, one angle grinder, hardbody 4x4 fenders (said he would pay me 50 bux for them), and a 2wd toyo front bumper (same guy.. waiting for more money). So.. just wondering.. should i be the dick and go rage and get my stuff back.. or how would you handle it. I don't feel like i'm being pushed around by any means.. its more of being taken advantage of. Thanks
Mike
bagged89mazda   +1y
u let them walk all over you . now if it were a friend you lent your shirts to i can see (Maybe) but in reguards to the nissan fenders and toy bumper , compressor , i'd be knockin on thier door sayin im collecting my stuff . you've had it long enough you either pay me for em now or i am taking them back now ! i'd be straight up with them . say look i know were're in mini trucks and all and mini truckers help each other .. but one doesn't help himself to someone elses stuff and NOT pay for it !
blare   +1y
which year toy bumper is it? got a pic? if they dont pay i might? O yeah just tell them what your telling us. You dont mind helping, but it aint cool to just leave you in the dark about your money and your stuff
thetornado   +1y
i agree with mike. its differant to let people borrow shirts, but tools is differant. whenver someone wants to borrow somethin valuable like that of mine, i always just tell them to come over my shop whenever they want to work on thier truck. it creates a better atmosphere at our shop with more dude hanging out and such.
eksessivdragger   +1y

im the same way, if they REALLY need to use my shit, u can come over to my house or garage and work on it there. I'm not big on letting people take home 100 of $s worth of tools and such.

i'd personally break down their doors and demand the parts back or $. It's not even close to being a "bad" minitrucker, it's ur shit, u let them borrow it and either pay up or shut the fuck up and give it back. just my $.02
pont   +1y
looks like there being the bad minitrucker by doing that to you go get your stuff and tell them that if thay wont to use it from now on to comeover as for the parts if there not on his truck then go pick them up
vidraggin   +1y
Its all good to be generous with your stuff, but you let them have it in good faith and they dont give you the money, then thats wrong. I think you should let them know nicely that they need to give ya ur stuff back or pay up. I also agree that you could just have them use the tool at the shop when they need something, that way too, you can make sure they are doing it right.
mullet   +1y
well thanks fellas.. i feel kinda bad for regulating on these guys.. but i now have a couple hundred bucks and all my tools back. I feel really bad for going into this guys work and asking him for my compressor.. and when he told me to f*#k off.. i went out there and took it off his truck. I did help him get home tho.. but it was pretty awesome.
Mike
thetornado   +1y
hahah. way to mullet, remember, we dont take no $ht from anyone. (hah, wasnt that from Coll Runnings?)
bagged89mazda   +1y
i would have left him stranded at his job . he's lucky he got stranded at work . you could have been an ass and took it when he wasn't around and then he would be stuck where ever he was ..... thats bad on his part .. why did he tell you to f- off ? you were the good guy .. its one thing to lend the guy a compressor to get home but its another when the lend-ee decides to hold on to it sense he figured you wouldn't need it for a while . which is complete b.s. i would have laid it out on the line that you aren't a parts store , tool rental shop and the parts ,tools are yours ! heres a quick tip if you ever come into a dealing with a friend /girlfriend / someone you lend money too.. Check this out . you can download a repayment paper that says that the person borrowing item or money has x amount of time before action will take place to get back your stuff .

this stuff is actually useful.