threads
Page 1 of 2
General Discussion \  hey exhuast suggestions.. need help.

hey exhuast suggestions.. need help.

General Discussion
views 2334
replies 10
following 9

londonsupra   +1y
hey I came across some extra moneys and decided to get my exhuast done.. what do you guys recommened.. my truck is baby blue 1987 b2200.. its not bagged just lowered 6" in the front and 7" in the back.. I am going to ohio this tuesday to pickup a pacesetter header.. should i hide the tail pipe? or have it exit in front of the rear wheel.. and has anyone taken thier cat off and noticed an increase in power at all??

anyways thanks for any tips! if you guys who have gone through the exhast situation have pics post em.. thanks

later
bagged89mazda   +1y
if you plan on baggin the truck later .. i would "dump" the exhaust out in front of the rear tire . thats what im gona do when i get my exhaust done . i just got my truck bagged and i have yet to get the exhaust work done . I haven't gotten around to seeing if this exhaust shop in town would be willing to do the job . cause im pretty sure they haven't done exhaust on a truck that has adjustable susupension.
londonsupra   +1y
yah would you run 1 outlet or 2? l
bagged89mazda   +1y
one outlet
drtyhatch   +1y
the only problem i see with running it out in front of the tire would be because you would always be cleaning that wheel.
thetornado   +1y
i just say hide. i really dont see any reason to show a muffler on a mini truck. i think it makes the appearance of the truck cleaner. i would just let it stay straight, and cut it off under the bed so it wont be seen.
midnightmike   +1y

thats what i got, it was the best thing i did
roach25681   +1y
I just used a 2 1/2 glass pack dumping right before my rear axle, but straight so it doesnt ruin the wheel. Any exhaust shop that couldnt do the job on a car with adjustable suspension shouldnt being doing the job on ANY vehicle.
baha   +1y
I agree with everyone else, trucks look alot cleaner when you can't see the ugly exhaust tip. I did same thing roach did, the glass pack muffler works good because its small and narrow, its also realy cheap and easy to install.
blare   +1y
sum dude on here i was talking to is running a turbo autozone muffler 15 bucks and it sounds pretty dang good