threads
Page 1 of 1
General Discussion \  getting the fender off?

getting the fender off?

General Discussion
views 1587
replies 6
following 4

miked   +1y
how many bolts are holding it on? size an locations please its 2 cold outside an i am lazy? lmao
thetornado   +1y
- 2 behind the grille [so you have to take of your corner lights, and the grille]
- 3 i believe on top, then 1 more underneath the cowl, so 4 total on top
- 2 inside the door jam
- 1 screw near the wheel well

i believe thats all of them..........
bagged89mazda   +1y
the bolts are 10 mm or 12 mm
thetornado   +1y
they are 10mm
miked   +1y
so i have to take off the cowl aswell?
thetornado   +1y
when i have done it, you can just pull the cowl up and towards the front to give you enough room to get a small ratchet in there. not sure how loose your cowl will be though, you might need to take the whole thing off.
drtyhatch   +1y
yes you need to pull the cowl off, its much easier to do and you won't risk messing anything up. step by step procedure...
remove...
1. remove corner lamps
2. remove grill
3. remove windshield wipers
4. remove cowl(plastic screws on the weather stripping holds the cowl on) some of the plastic screws are phillips head, some are just plugs, just unscrew the ones you can and just pop the other ones out by hand, if you can't pop them out by hand just grab the bottom of the cowl and pull up, then the cowl will slide out. (it has tabs on the rear)
5. remove all bolts on top, front(behind grill), one on bottom, 2 in door jamb(one of these you will have to get to from the fender well), if your plastic fender well is in good condition, there will be a screw holding it to the fender. Hope this helps.
Page 1 of 1