Page 1 of 1
General Discussion \  Mazda NooB from NC

Mazda NooB from NC

General Discussion
views 1386
replies 5
following 2

ncmazdaman   +1y
Hi all. I am in the process of giving CPR to my old 1987 B2200 (Maybe). It is going to be a long road, but I have high hopes. I will be asking questions (stupid ones i'm sure), so PLEASE PLEASE be patient with me as I know about 1% of what I should. I am trying to teach myself something helpful by doing this, and trying to show my boys how thing other than Minecraft.

Thank you!
sincitylocal   +1y
Welcome.
Ask away. You might get some smartass answers from time to time, but most of us are ready to help.
ncmazdaman   +1y
Wow, that was a quick reply and I appreciate it! This is a new project and I will take any help offered. Time in the military has given me thick skin with smartass people, so that doesn't bother me... To be expected on public forum anyway.

My first situation is figuring out the type of engine. The truck is 1987 B2200. However, i replaced the engine in 93 from a salvage and do not know the type. I know I have to figure this out first in order to locate any parts I may need, but I have NO CLUE as to how to figure out engine size etc...
sincitylocal   +1y
On the left side of the block there will be numbers in the casting. It wall be 2.0 or 2.2. Another way is to check the cam sprocket. The 2.0 has A, B and CX markings, while the 2.2 has 1,2,3 and 4.
ncmazdaman   +1y
Great! Thank you. Now I can start figuring out which way to go. I appreciate it!
sincitylocal   +1y
Correction... I just checked my 2.0, and it doesn't have 2.0 cast in the block. Just 2.
Page 1 of 1