threads
Page 1 of 2
General Discussion \  New guy with a new truck.

New guy with a new truck.

General Discussion
views 3039
replies 12
following 4

kodasdad200321   +1y
Hi everyone, I wanted to stop and introduce myself. I just picked up my first bseries. Mini trucks are all new to me. I have only owned big, jacked up 4 wheel drives until now. I am the proud owner of a 92 b2600, it's an extended cab with a fuel injected 350 Chevy swap.
post photo
post photo
post photo
sincitylocal   +1y
Nice... another EFI 350!
I have EFI too, but mine is TPI instead of TBI.
thread post photo
mymmeryloss   +1y
Nice lookin truck! Welcome to the scene!
89b2600i@yuma   +1y
Welcome I am new to this forum also. The Chevy 350 swap is very interesting to me. Is the 4 wheel drive still functioning with the conversion?

Thanks
mymmeryloss   +1y

Both of these are 2wd
kodasdad200321   +1y
I like the tpi better myself. If I had the choice I would have went with that too. I figured this truck will be a great little project especially since I got it for a even swap for my motorcycle (started to get burnt out on the bike scene, seems like every cop in the state looked for any excuse to pull over bikes around where I live) I'm looking for ideas on the front bumper area if anyone has any I'd love to hear them.. The whole mad max look is just not doing it for me.
89b2600i@yuma   +1y
Do the trucks have automatic transmissions? How about the rear end is it stock Mazda or Chevy.

Thanks
kodasdad200321   +1y
Mine has the automatic 700r4 with the electronic lock up torque converter for overdrive. As for the rear end it's stock Mazda for now. Next year I may change it out for a narrowed rear end so I can tub it for traction (right this moment if I really put my foot into the throttle it just wants to spin the tires). Mine also has a custom one piece driveshaft to eliminate the carrier bearing.
sincitylocal   +1y
I also have a 700r4 trans. It's Bowtie Overdrives level 2 transmission.

I'm in the process of swapping in the 10 bolt Chevy lsd rear.
I've been through 4 Mazda rears. The peg-legged tire spins destroy the spider gears.
kodasdad200321   +1y
That's what I'm afraid of happening. I've been down that road on previous ....toys? I just don't see this one holding up very long at all. This is probably a dumb question but, are there any rear ends that are not quite a direct bolt in but are easier than others?