Page 1 of 2
General Discussion \  1984 newbie

1984 newbie

General Discussion
views 2447
replies 11
following 6

timpsd02   +1y
First timer here! Could not pass this one up. Friend was selling cheap so i took it. Looking forward to working on it and using this site for all i can. Interior is near perfect and the mileage is low. Only 50k original.

Sent from my Ipad.
post photo
87forever   +1y
Nice clean straight truck.I would just keep it up and enjoy it.Crazy low miles too.
timpsd02   +1y
This project has gone nowhere for me. Can you all save me some research and give me ideas on value for sale.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
geterdun   +1y
What you want to sell it and get something you can not say, "I did this, that and the other to this truck I bought all original" to customize it to your liking?

Then yes, sell it and get what you want to drive. There are some slick, fast, fine looking rides out there.
The time I did that was buying my '77 Smokey and Bandit 6.6 TA (high performance 400 w/ automatic) TransAm. One of the better choices in my life. So, yes I can see that as a choice. Get in it chirp the tireS at anything over two grand on the one/two shift. A whole lot to be said for that.

Really a hard choice and hardly life altering, so think about it, and be happy with the choice. I agree with your choice.

Another choice is pay someone to do the things you want changed on it.

[Selling it in '81 is one of my two most regretted choices.]
andrewoot   +1y
i have a 82 that is in worse shape, id never get rid of it heh, your ride is super clean and nice and im quite jealous. whats the reason for selling? when you say your project is going no where what do you want to do with it?
timpsd02   +1y

I originally purchased the truck as a possible daily driver for my son. A project we could work on. He has since saved him money and purchased his own truck. The problem is I know I am not going to put anytime into it so it's time to go. I really have no need for another vehicle at this point. I thought about historic tags for it but still I need to be real. The money I get for it will be put to best use than just collecting rust.

andrewoot   +1y
id post it up on the want to see section here, thats a crazy nice ride so maybe one of the other guys on the site will want it. what state are you in?
timpsd02   +1y
New jersey

geterdun   +1y
There are several Canadians wanting one on here that I can remember.
You post it here and Craigslist, they will come.
timpsd02   +1y
Yeah. Time to do some research and find a value for what I have.