Page 1 of 2
General Discussion \  hello from Seattle

hello from Seattle

General Discussion
views 3700
replies 16
following 5

la cucararacha   +1y
Hey guys, Just checking in. I just bought a b2200 extended cab short bed Se-5 in need of a new engine. I'm in the process of engine removal in between rainstorms. Holy emissions system! Look forward to exchanging info and parts!
91extcab   +1y
Welcome. Since you're already changing the motor are you doing a factory swap or gonna go for more power/mpgs?
la cucararacha   +1y
Hey, sorry, so distracted with research to figure out what to do with the engine. It's a 90, so i still have to smog test it probably two more times. I plan on doing a weber conversion, just not sure how that will do in a smog test (we dont do visuals here in Wa. They look for an OBD plug, and if it doesn't exhaust, they to a tailpipe test). Just picked up a rebuilt b2000 mechanical head from a guy nearby, so I can tune out that lifter tick everyone complains about. The the bottom end needs a good cleaning (head gasket and vc gasket have been puking oil down the sides for years. It is almost as gross as my diesel rabbit was when I first got it. It also had low compression on cyl two (then it jumped to 155 psi when I added oil), but the cylinders look to be in pretty good shape, still have most of the factory cross hatch showing, no ring ridges. So assuming the bearing surfaces check out, I'll probably take it to the machine shop and have them clean it, bore/hone, and deck it if necessary and put it back together with a bottom end re-build kit. Has anyone ordered one of those complete kits they sell on the net?
86baggedmazda   +1y
welcome to the site looks like ur doing work on ur mazda
jenko   +1y
Hello Seattle!!!!!!
Soundgarden, Pearl Jam, Nirvana, Alice in Chains, Foo Fighters, Temple of the Dog.
Sounds like a fun place
86baggedmazda   +1y

lol seattle is the place to live lol we have everything here lol
la cucararacha   +1y
Moved up here from so Cal, and I love it. Didn't even know the color green existed naturally on lawns until I moved here.
86baggedmazda   +1y

ha ha ha lol do u have a fb if so hit me up look for justin axup there will be a purple mazda on the profile pic
la cucararacha   +1y
By Fb I assume you are talking about an RX-7? I had an 85 GSL-SE when I lived down there. I only had it for about a year, because it was FAAAR from smog legal, and I didn't really have the money to commute 45 min each way on 15mpg . Can't beat the buttery smooth revs! I want to get one again. I think I'll probably trade my rabbit for one in the future because I miss it.
la cucararacha   +1y
Oh God. I just realized what you asked wasn't bad english, it was Facebook. I closed that account down. Didn't like it. Gave me the creeps.