Page 1 of 1
General Discussion \  new (to me) b2600i in alaska

new (to me) b2600i in alaska

General Discussion
views 1558
replies 6
following 3

bondo   +1y
picked up this 89 b2600i last night, only got 117k on it which i'm excited about
gonna throw some winter tires on it soon, tryin to decide what else i'd like to do. not looking to do anything drastic as i can't have it off the road for any big projects once snow hits (any day now), but what are simple 'no brainer' things that people do with these trucks? ive mostly worked on toyotas in the past so obviously i'm a big fan of these little japanese trucks
post photo
Cusser   +1y

Looks nice, great find. That's really low mileage for any B-truck.
bondo   +1y

thats what i like to hear!!
87forever   +1y
thread post photo
Well first clean that b up inside and out and preserve it.This will give it some luster and alloy you to really check it over in general first.Then once the normal tune,checks focus on upgrading certain components.This pic is of my 25 years of ownership being I bought it brand new in 1987.Hope this gives you some incentive to get it detailed and super clean being that is a NICE truck that needs some tlc.Good luck and glad you joined the site.
bondo   +1y
Thanks 87forever, its my new baby so I'll be getting it nice and cleaned up this weekend. Any components in particular that you consider important to upgrade? It seems a lot of people on this site have the carbed mitsu engine and I see lots of information about working on that one, but what about the G6?
Lore   +1y
Hi mate, this is probably a bit late for winter but I found putting a conical air filter on helped, K&N is great but too rich for my blood so SAAS is a decent brand. Other than that I plan to put on a hotdog exhaust next year.
Page 1 of 1