Page 1 of 11
Dually Projects \  Cougar House Garage F-350 Project Sacrilege

Cougar House Garage F-350 Project Sacrilege

Dually Projects
views 17079
replies 108
following 9

cougarhousegarage   +1y
Thank You! Your dually is sick! Finally got some rubbers. Look at that sidewall bulge, I'm kind of concerned. These tires should be great for the Washington rain! The axle height is 1inch less than I calculated, which is even better.

Kind of blurry, sorry. Will update.

thread post photo

This is the other project we've been working on for an upcoming show.
Post was last edited on Aug 14, 2017 06:08. This post has been edited 1 times.
cougarhousegarage   +1y
Not going much lower with this tire.
thread post photo

thread post photo

thread post photo

Our current paint booth.
thread post photo

thread post photo

Somebody smashed the fender pretty bad while it was outside. Sucks.
thread post photo

No matter how much fender support I cut, it's never enough.
thread post photo

Trying to hide the wires.
thread post photo

And so they don't get ripped in half I guess.
Post was last edited on Aug 14, 2017 06:08. This post has been edited 3 times.
cougarhousegarage   +1y
Thank you! Yeah, rearranging all that crap is killing me. We are going to stick with something similar to that color. We are anticipating getting a wild vinyl wrap. Just sent the chevy spindles out to get reamed for the ford tie rods. We couldn't find any reamers in the area that labeled the degrees.

Adapters and whatnot going on.

thread post photo

thread post photo

thread post photo

thread post photo

Transmission is here!
Post was last edited on May 30, 2015 05:05. This post has been edited 1 times.
cougarhousegarage   +1y
We installed the transmission and it's got the engine kicked back 6 degrees. Not super stoked about that I'm not sure if Destroked meant for that or what. I installed the engine mounts right on the 5.9 the oil pan bottom is level, so maybe it's meant to be. what do you guys think?
thread post photo

thread post photo

thread post photo

thread post photo

thread post photo

Oil pan lower sub frame
thread post photo
Post was last edited on May 29, 2015 11:05. This post has been edited 2 times.
cougarhousegarage   +1y
yes I moved some photos around and my photo bucket is full so its not letting my photos load.
cougarhousegarage   +1y
We'll slowly be reposting our old photos. Transmission is on to mock up the crossmember. Ordered some exhaust gaskets and hardware from Cummins, along with flex plate bolts.

thread post photo

thread post photo

I love how beautifully machined the aluminum is on the adapter.

thread post photo

thread post photo

thread post photo

We're going to add triangular brackets on the sides to reinforce it up to our specs.

thread post photo

We had to plate this side so we could still run all of our lines through it. Also makes it easier to get the crossmember in and out.

thread post photo

I like the aesthetics of having this side set in the frame. We clearanced the plates and bent the tubing to leave room for the 5in exhaust.

thread post photo

thread post photo

thread post photo

Now our new photos aren't even working. Wtf. We are experiencing technical difficulties, please try again later. Lol
cougarhousegarage   +1y
Cleaned up and painted the 6.7 exhaust manifold, it was really rusty and just gross. Bolted the VGT turbo to it and He-Manned it all up in there. The random hoses and hard lines didn't help the process.

thread post photo

We're trying to find some aesthetically pleasing lines that are also the proper length to feed and drain it.

thread post photo

thread post photo
cougarhousegarage   +1y
Front bags are in for a nice mockup. The driver side bottom needs to move inward a quarter of an inch, but the passenger side mates up perfectly. It was a pain to even mark the bag holes on the lower control arm, let alone get them right. Still waiting on the machine shop to ream and shave our Chevy knuckles for the Ford tie rods.

thread post photo

thread post photo

I'm glad is sits as flat as it does fully compressed. I tried to compensate for the weird geometry as best I could. I used two 1/4 in plates for the riser on the bottom. I still need to weld them in place.

thread post photo

thread post photo

thread post photo

thread post photo

It gets a little weird fully extended, but I think it's actually pretty good considering. We should only ever have it that high for gnarly speed bumps and working on it.

thread post photo

thread post photo
ghostwhite   +1y
Good progress!

On the engine tilt I have read a few sources that have said anywhere from 5* to 7* is factory.
cougarhousegarage   +1y
Sweet! That's actually really good news, Thank You! Our exhaust finally decided to join the party. My boss kept saying 5in, but seeing it in person, damn. Stupid huge.

thread post photo

thread post photo

Our new perfectly good 2011 bed showed up today! (almost perfect, not quite)

thread post photo

And then I was told to start hacking it apart. Yes.

thread post photo

Section closest to the cab is being moved up 8in, the middle is being tucked up just under the bedrail.

thread post photo

thread post photo

thread post photo

thread post photo

I'm pretty surprised we got that far in an afternoon.

thread post photo

I was a bit impatient with with the welds, so they look like garbage.

thread post photo

thread post photo