Dually Projects \  exhaust question

exhaust question

Dually Projects
views 1736
replies 6
following 4

upinarms   +1y
Hi gang, I would like to know what some of you are doing with your ehaust,

here is what I have, and then you may understand what I need to know. I have a 1993 gmc ext. cab, 454,it is now bagged and will drop to about 2/3 inches off the ground with 16 inch wheels , I have a 12 inch bridge over the rear with slam bags.
Now I did not move the gas tank, And the question . where are you running the exhaust to or and how, or do you have any picks, are you just putting down pipes or just coming out the side ect.
thx
upinarms   +1y
just a bump, hoping for some insight
dajizz   +1y
Most everyone dumps the exhaust before the axle for the cheap, simplicity of it. If you want to pony up some cash, running up and over the axle or running out the side is doable but not nessesary.

As long as the exhaust exits behind any passenger, you should be fine
krewzlo   +1y
I would run it up and over the axle coming out the side or back. I find if you don't, when cruising and sitting in traffic that the exhaust will come up around the bed and cab and with the windows down, you will smell it and makes me sick. Plus all that extra heat stuck under the bed isn't a great thing either. Works fine on stock or lifted trucks but when you are closer to the ground, it traps it underneath.

I built my own using some 90's and 45's with some straight pipe and welded it all together. Its a tight squeeze with my triple stack bags and air tank under the rear but got it to work. Mine comes out just below my roll pan.

On mine the muffler is dual in and single 2.75" out so I got a 2.75" to 3" adapter and did muffler back in 3". Someday I will replace the stock muffler but is hard to find a good aftermarket with the dual in and single out with the right sizes.
upinarms   +1y
thank guys for your ideas and knowledge, just not to sure what to do yet , I don't know if I can go over the axel I have ss8 bags and a watts link , and a 4 link. so there is not much room ,
I am worried about the cruising part with the fumes, I think I might come out the side before the finder skirt, cut the body and run them out through the side of the bed,
It lays about 1 inch off the ground so I don't want to smash the pipes

Thanks
jardine   +1y
Under axle works too on lowered trucks ans cars.
upinarms   +1y
Yeah kinda thought so but I think I am going to come out right before the hip fender on the side of the bed.
Maybe use square tips or go with round down and ups ( looks like a funny cars headers) .
Not worried about stain from exhaust.

It is going to be repainted a charcoal grey.
Page 1 of 1