Page 1 of 1
Dually Projects \  First time bagging, fun so far. 2000 C3500

First time bagging, fun so far. 2000 C3500

Dually Projects
views 3645
replies 6
following 5

aleman   +1y
This is my first time installing bags so keep that in mind. The pro builders will be bored with my post

I made all the parts myself with very limited local suppliers since I live in the middle of nowhere Nebraska. Yes, I could order the parts but I hate waiting and I just love fabricating stuff. I tend to build things a lil heavier than the stuff you can buy online.

Im just posting this to share my progress, comments welcome!

I started on the front bags. I decided to go with Slam Specialties RE7 and RE8.

thread post photo

I fabricated the cups with some 5" pipe 1/4" thick and 6" long. All the holes were cut w a plasma cutter so they are not perfect. Modifications were made as I progressed. The rod I got by cutting some new U bolts I had laying around from a previous project.

thread post photo

thread post photo

I mock fitted it all before installing it.

thread post photo

Next I moved to the lower control arms.

I removed the top and used 1/4" plate for the bottom. A generous spray of rubberized undercoating was then applied.

thread post photo

thread post photo

thread post photo

I may have removed too much but I was thinking ahead in case I want to go with larger bags.

thread post photo

thread post photo

thread post photo

I purchased my fittings and air line from a local shop that repairs semi trailers. I was surprised that I only paid $1.20 per foot for the line, the fittings were a lil more expensive than on line. I went with compression fittings for the only reason that thats all they stocked.

The front is all done and once collapsed the frame right under the engine sits 1/4" from the ground and the wheels tuck in nice. Not quite lays frame but Im happy with the way it sits. Im considering making some modifications to make it sit about 1" from the ground just for fact that I do have to tow long distances and want to be sure I can make it home in case a bag fails on me.

thread post photo

thread post photo

The truck was already lowered when I bought it so now I have some nice Belltech springs sitting next to my work bench.

I have the lines ran to the back on a valve so a tank and compressors will be coming soon.

The rear has the original spring pack and helper bags. I will start on the C-notch hopefully next week and go from there...

Aleman
dzl1   +1y
Aleman, looks great! Keep up the progress pics. I'll be following your progress as I want to bag my ride as well.

DZL1.
short1   +1y
Looking good. Like how those lca's turned out. Never seen them done that way.
rockstargraphics   +1y
Keep cranking I will be watching as well.
shannon48panel   +1y
Aleman, truck looks great. I have a question for you on your wheels, I was looking to buy the same ones and I had seen you had posted about them not tucking in the back. How did you end up fixing that? I wondered if you ended up widening your wheel wells or what.

Shannon
aleman   +1y
Hey Shannon,

I did end up widening the fenders by 3.5 inches.
shannon48panel   +1y
Aleman, I wondered. It looks great. Can you take a picture from behind of the whole truck and one of the wheels so I can see the spacing you said about.

Shannon
Page 1 of 1