Page 1 of 2
Dually Projects \  Dropping a 12 valve in my stockfloored crewcab

Dropping a 12 valve in my stockfloored crewcab

Dually Projects
views 3328
replies 14
following 11

layingnutz   +1y
I havent been on here in a while.. But after dailying and haulin with my truck the gas mileage with the 454 wasnt cuttin it.. Plus a 12 valve is much mo badass.. So started tearin it down monday and got the front clip off and the motor out.. Reinforced the frame and test fit the motor and tranny a few times for clearance.. And today got the motor mounts done, finished building the tranny, and got it all mounted.. Looks right at home and plan to clear the stock caddy hood. Tomorrow plan to crank it up and maybe start putting the front end back on. Next week should have the driveshaft finished and off to my buddy for custom exhaust and custom intercooler with piping done... Heres the pics so far...
Hauling..
thread post photo

thread post photo

thread post photo

thread post photo

thread post photo

The 97 12valve when i got it.. Tore down, new gaskets, sectioned oil pan, did the KDP mod too to be safe
thread post photo

Sectioned the oil 1 3/8" so it doesnt drag...
thread post photo

Right before tear down
thread post photo

Front clip off
thread post photo

Motor's out...
thread post photo

thread post photo

Test fit
thread post photo

Passenger side mount
thread post photo

Driver side mount
thread post photo

Motor mounted and turbo installed
thread post photo
503majestics   +1y
Siiiick,lookin good
dzl1   +1y
DAMMMMM.....that's badass!

DZL1.
someotherguy   +1y
If the hood won't fit just slam it really good and call it a "power bulge"

Richard
comegetsome   +1y
You get this thing running yet Jason?
cody.bourgeois   +1y
im bout to do the same swap but im not bodydropped.
layingnutz   +1y
It is in and it is running... It fired right up. I cant wait to drive it. I got the front end put back on, built a custom intake horn to clear the hood, im just about done with my accessory relocation brackets, and mounted the engine driven today. Its def a tight fit but it looks like im goin to wedge it all under the stock hood. I still have to finish cleaning up the wires because im making the factory gauges work.. Anyways i should have the bracketry done tomorrow and and maybe tackle some of the wiring.. Ill try to take a video of it running once i have everything buttoned up... Not bad progress for starting on this last monday... Well here are the pics..
thread post photo

thread post photo

thread post photo
layingnutz   +1y
Got a lot done today... Got the relocation bracketry done, belts on, hood bracing notched, and the intercooler in.. Hopefully ill have the intercooler done and the front end back on tomorrow... Heres a few pics and a video of it running.. Click the first one to watch the video
thread post photo

thread post photo

thread post photo

thread post photo

thread post photo

thread post photo
mdub4life29   +1y
sick!
mdub4life29   +1y
I think I might steal your mount idea so I can mount my York and stock ac compressor so I don't have to notch the frame or spend hella$$$ on an aftermarket bracket