Page 1 of 4
Dually Projects \  project DMCcrew x's 2

project DMCcrew x's 2

Dually Projects
views 8874
replies 33
following 7

bigbeardedbastard   +1y
so i broke down and found a truck in much better shape to start my build with.....my black 85 needed more stuff repaired to correct issues the previous had done and wasnt worth my time.

so here is my new one its a 87 CCLB dually that has already been z'ed, has a sfbd and the control arms re worked....the body is in much better shape too with minimal rust and dent repair.
[URL=]
thread post photo

[URL=]
thread post photo

[URL=]
thread post photo

[URL=]
thread post photo

[URL=]
thread post photo
bigbeardedbastard   +1y
well tomorrow morning i have to go to the fedex freight hub and pick up the NOS 2001 nv5600 trans i scored....hoping in the next few weeks to finish aquiring the rest of the parts i need to adapt it to my 93 12v cummins. for those of you who have done this swap into a bodied square dually any recommendations or things to look for??
dajizz   +1y
Im digging the cab spoiler and "aussie style" stacks!
bigbeardedbastard   +1y
yeah i actually like the spoiler too....and the stacks will sit down a lil lower when installed....for now they are just kind of sitting there.
nandrus   +1y
Was that truck on mautofied.com?
bigbeardedbastard   +1y
yeah up until about 2 wks agos
nandrus   +1y
I thought i remembered seeing it on there. Nice score
john-e bravada   +1y
The cummins swaps aren't bad. Is it a manual truck or a auto? Clutch linkage or hyd will be fun if it's and auto... that's why I have a hand clutch on mine for now. Being bagged and SFBD you'll have a bunch of interior sheet metal work to do. Some Core support work to do if your cummins going to stay intercooled. Wiring is simple. Ask away as you get into it.
bigbeardedbastard   +1y
nandrus....i feel lucky to have gotten it....the guy did some top notch work saving me a ton of time.

john e the truck was originally an auto, i had already figured that i would have to cut the trans tunnel out and more than likely make a tunnel all the way back for driveshaft clearance. this trans is a beast for a manual....not as big as the eaton youre running lol but still big. and luckily the cummins i baought already had the dodge radiator and intercooler mounted to a chevy core support so i got lucky there!
big bear   +1y
great score man.