Page 1 of 2
Dually Projects \  Bagged 87 CC project

Bagged 87 CC project

Dually Projects
views 2466
replies 11
following 5

reid251   +1y
Hey everyone, I just purchased an 87 Chevy crew cab and the plan is bagging and body dropping it on 24's and keeping factory A/C. I've owned a bagged truck before and learned its better to do it yourself with friends rather than attempt to fix someone's hack job. Oh well, lesson learned I guess. Anyway, I am at a crossroad.. I have an 84 crewcab that is bagged and body dropped (it's a project, but frame work is complete minus panhard bar) and it was a dually, but previous owner converted it to 1/2 ton suspension. I'm debating on doing a frame swap OR selling the 84 to buy the Porterbuilt drop member. Can I hear some of your opinions and advice and/or experience?? I don't want to start anything asking something that's been covered 10,000 times, but a link I overlooked or reply would be greatly appreciated!

Anyway, pic of truck is attached. Progress on this will be slow due to my 14 day on / 14 day off schedule and having 4 children (2 being in diapers lol) so please bear with me on pics and progress.

Thanks in advance on any/all help/advice!!
post photo
zakmann   +1y
sell the 84 and do a dropmember
mdub4life29   +1y
pics of the 84
reid251   +1y
Here are some pics of the 84...
post photo
reid251   +1y
Rear of cab
post photo
reid251   +1y
Z
post photo
reid251   +1y
Z
post photo
luifer76   +1y
nice work on the 84 bro..... as far as the dually PB dropmember is the way to go....
reid251   +1y
Thank you Luifer, but I can't take credit for it. It was bagged and SFBD'd when I got it. A guy names Travis Teetrick did it from LA. I called Dave from Porterbuilt and I'm starting to lean toward the drop member. I've lined up someone to sell the crew cab to... If all goes well ill have enough to purchase it.
luifer76   +1y

cool keep us posted with any updates....