Page 1 of 3
Dually Projects \  1990 bagged dually towpig

1990 bagged dually towpig

Dually Projects
views 7971
replies 27
following 12

beyondsic   +1y
Picked up a new to me Dually. 1990 GMC 3500 454. Escalade front end. Already bagged with ART airbar. Dropped spindles.

Plans are to change out the bags in front for RE8's, Michigan metal works control arms and 3/4 ton rotors and bearings to except 22" Alcoas.

Need a few suggestions for the rear. I have done a lot of searching and reading and need to know when running stock inners and 22" outers if I need to shorten the rear end. If anyone can offer some info that would be greatly appreciated.

Post was last edited on Feb 24, 2013 10:02. This post has been edited 1 times.
beyondsic   +1y
Newest addition now that I am gathering parts. Brand new GM direct Dually fenders.

texasfunk   +1y
Looks like a good start! Just changing the rotors and bearings won't fit the Alcoas, you'll need the 8 to 10 lug adapters. Also on the rear you won't be able to run a stock inner and 22 outer as the bolt patterns are different. Also just wondering if its a 90? This body style didn't start on the 3/4 and 1-ton til 92?
beyondsic   +1y
Yes definitely is a 1990. If you type in 1990 gmc 3500 extended cab you will see lots same body style. And yes I forgot to mention I will be running 8 to 10 lug adapters. Now I have read multiple places about running stock 16 and outside 22. I even have the tire size combinations written down they are running. How are they accomplishing this?
texasfunk   +1y
Hmm, maybe by putting the 16 inch wheel and the adapter after?
iarodder   +1y
In 1989 they started to make the new body style in standard cab and extended cab, but they carried the old body untill 1991 on the crew cab and suburban as my truck is the old body style crew cab and it's a 1991, in 1992 everything went to the new body.
texasfunk   +1y
Cool to know! Never knew that!
93blazedlowlife   +1y
so your saying you can run a stock 16 rim then the adapter? and what are the sizes you have wrote down?
beyondsic   +1y
Change of plans I never did research running the stock inner 16. I am running a SRW axle with adaptor to x2 22's on each side.
zakmann   +1y
i run a 16 inner, then adapter then 22