Page 1 of 1
Dually Projects \  Project Bertha D - '93 F-350 Diesel Crew Cab Long box Dually

Project Bertha D - '93 F-350 Diesel Crew Cab Long box Dually

Dually Projects
views 1780
replies 3
following 3

wisdomwarlord   +1y
I chose the name "Bertha D" because shes way bigger than is reasonable and I like it like that! The "D" is because shes a diesel.
I like my truck amd my woman the same way. A little dirty and bigger in the back. Purrs like a kitty when she's rode gentle, can take it as rough as I can throw at her and really roars when i ride her hard. And shes always ready for whatever I need. She will be good looking, and lower to the ground but not so much as to inhibit her use. I like the ol' girl with as few inhibitions as possible.
She will be built for durability performance and servicibility. The back will serve as a sleeping area if I need (I'm just 5' 6"), or an office area for business on the road. It will also be a rolling automotive diagnostics and preventative maintenance service center. Since she already has over 300k miles on her, shes already a rolling example of the power of proper maintenance.
I will update this as things happen. And try to include lots of pictures. My first step is just get her electrics worked out. Shes got starting, charging, and cruise system problems that make her an unstable ride right now. Once she is started, she is one sweet ride!

Thanks
Keith HP
post photo
post photo
Post was last edited on Nov 27, 2012 04:11. This post has been edited 4 times.
wisdomwarlord   +1y
Ok, the moneys tight but i got lots of learning to do before i spend money foolishly so its all good. It looks like i need a set of batteries, a set of glow plugs, and a belt tensioner to make her drivable. The next step then is building a bed-mounted crane to lift 2000 lbs into the bed so i can do some scrapping and have Bertha earn her keep. Also I'm refreshing my knowledge of centrifuges so maybe i can build one and then run her on WMO and WVO.I'm imagining a 150 gallon tank in the bed that i can easily remove (with the help of the crane) when I dont need it in the bed. If i can safely run a centrifuge in the truck while I'm driving, I'll use the tank as ballast this winter since a Michigan winter and a dually aint the smartest combination a guy can come up with!
semidually   +1y
Nice lookin Ferd! I take shes a 7.3 IDI? I have a 85 crew cab wiyh a 6.9! You should peak into the start of mine! I havent done much of anything yet....Im working on some brake issues and installing a hydro boost unit and new injectors. Do you plan on putting semis on yours?
tobysan90   +1y
Glad im not the only one rocking a F350 crewcab, you have a good starting platform looks like
Page 1 of 1