Page 1 of 3
Dually Projects \  '76 Heavy Chevy

'76 Heavy Chevy

Dually Projects
views 6487
replies 23
following 13

76c30tony   +1y

This is my 76 Crew Cab, bought it from my dad 3 years ago, he had owned it for 22 years. It's a camper special Silverado. 454/T400, been used to tow various trailers, loads of rock, mulch, scrap metal, and carried several campers. She's a workhorse that's still working. Barely rolled over 100k miles a couple years ago. Haven't put much on the odometer since then as I'm in the army stationed away from home and hardly get to go home to drive her. Plans are to clean her up, freshen up the motor, put some 16" Alcoa wheels on and throw in an overdrive unit to get the RPM's down at highway speeds.

The interior will stay relatively stock, the white box on the trans hump will house the cd player and it will be upholstered to match the interior.
post photo
post photo
post photo
comegetsome   +1y
Man that thing is super clean
76c30tony   +1y
My dad took pretty good care of it, original drivetrain, never been rebuilt. Only 101,500 miles on it. I'm slowly working on cleaning her up.
post photo
post photo
post photo
iarodder   +1y
Wow you deffinately don't live in the rust belt LOL you should see what we call clean in Iowa. Nice rig tho mines a 91 with 105,xxx miles and it is actually fairly clean. it only has two rusty areas on the back rockers. Any plans on loosing some of the altitude?
76c30tony   +1y
I may lose a couple of inches, haven't fully decided yet. However, I'm not going to the ground and C-notching. I want to be able to go in and out of driveways without hitting bottom. This truck will continue to be a reliable workhorse.
post photo
sparkys-crewcab   +1y
this is my kind of truck!

just about as clean as you can get....

i agree. i wouldnt do anything crazy to the truck. restore it and drive it....
jcampbell1180   +1y
Super clean.
76c30tony   +1y
Thanks guys. I'm proud of it. Love that truck. I want to paint it, the clear coat is completely gone and it needs a repaint, starting to get some surface rust atop the roof near the cab lights. I really want to paint my truck like this one below but I can't seem to find anything listing what color was used on this one.
post photo
duallylaid   +1y
I believe that is GMs Butternut yellow if it is a stock color. Nice ole truck.
THANK YOU for your service!