threads
Page 1 of 3
Dually Projects \  the time finally is here....

the time finally is here....

Dually Projects
views 4519
replies 21
following 8

big bear   +1y
well, i finally got my dually. its an 85 gmc crewcab dually 2wd. 454/turbo 400..156k, gooseneck, class4 hitch, suburban buckets, center console and overhead console. shes a big project to say the least. i somewhat jumped the gun on it, but its ok. i got excited. i searched all over for a truck. i factored in costs, travel yada yada. part of me still says i should have waited and got a cleaner truck from down south or out west, but its ok. ill get her back to new. it runs like a champ. it needs rockers, cabcorner and im replacing all the doors. i already have my preferred bumpers for it, and such. waiting to install. all in all, im happy. the scariest part is the damn upper inner door jam rust. and rust around cab seam. ive seen far worse so im not going to piss my money away and cab swap. ill make this happen. i hope lol. naw, i followed many builds with this rusted area and it takes time. so if any of you guys have a junk cab willing to cut out parts for me, ill pay ya, let me know. so anyways, thats it in a nutshell. i just got plates , title ect in my name yesterday. so this comin weekend ill start messing with it. ill surely take lots of pics and post em eup. by the way, noooo im not leaving hood scoops, before any smartasses say anything haha.ill get pics up asap

thread post photo
clunker   +1y
Glad to hear your going to stick with it. I have an old cab and doors, not a crew cab. Let me know if ya need something.
big bear   +1y
thanks alot man.
leedogg   +1y
good starting point!
big bear   +1y
thanks man
sparkys-crewcab   +1y
great looking truck. im glad you finally found one....
big bear   +1y
thanks sparky !!!
79duallyc30   +1y
tight....so go ahead and slam that biggity biotch....

hey i bet that thing would look nice with some Silverado c30 badges on it
big bear   +1y
I concur
79duallyc30   +1y
So lets get an update bro. Hows it goin???