threads
Page 1 of 1
Dually Audio/Interior \  1993 door panels?

1993 door panels?

Dually Audio/Interior Dually Tech
views 1567
replies 8
following 3

belladually   +1y
Hey guys, I searched to no avail. Does anyone make a set of repro door panels for a 93 chevy crew cab? I just got one and it has some rigged up speakers in the bottom part of the door and need to replace the panels or modify them. is the lower part of the door available to buy? the tops look good. Thanks for the help. Kenny.
someotherguy   +1y
No direct reproductions. There are some "kinda like stock" ones that I think are made by Coverlay and from what I hear, they're ass. And expensive.

Takes some hunting but you can still find good originals used. Boneyards, craigslist, searching for people parting out a wrecked truck, etc.

Just FYI here's a link to those "kinda" ones, I don't think I would cough up $350 for these.
" target="_blank

Also keep in mind there's a difference between 2 door and 4 door front panels, at least on power window pre-'95 interior. The hole is much larger where the window controls go, which isn't that big of a deal I guess if you find some nice 2 door panels but you will have to chop 'em a little and do it carefully where the slots are for the window control mounting tabs to pop through.

Richard
belladually   +1y

I found those and thought the same. One would think there would be a repro version. I guess I need to hit up the local salvage yard or maybe a stereo or interior shop about fixing the lower panels. Thanks for the info, Kenny.
alex33   +1y
I found a 93 suburban that was being parted out on cl and got 4 good door panels for under $100. I just installed them today and they fit like a glove. I'm not sure if this will help you but I hope it does!

-Alex
belladually   +1y

it does. thanks. I wish someone would reproduce the bottom carpeted part. that's what I need. the tops are in great condition.
alex33   +1y

I know what you mean. Some goof installed a stereo system (or so I'm told) in my truck but it was all pulled before I purchased it. The only thing left was a mess of wires and holes in all the doors. I was looking for lower panels to fix mine too. Turns out my door pulls were also broken, the switch panels were damaged and the leather was coming apart so replacing the entire panel was more cost effective. Here is a before and after of mine:

thread post photo

thread post photo
belladually   +1y

I like those back ones. they are different from mine. I will look for ones like that. thanks for the pics.
someotherguy   +1y
Those rear panels are from 92-94 Suburbans with the optional 6 speaker system. Not very common but not exactly rare either. I scored a set of those in a boneyard quite a while back; they normally hold 5.5" speakers but you can do 6.5" as well depending on the speaker.

Richard
belladually   +1y

thanks for the heads up richard
Page 1 of 1