threads
Page 1 of 1
Dually Audio/Interior \  This might seem retarded but.....

This might seem retarded but.....

Dually Audio/Interior Dually Tech
views 1426
replies 3
following 2

sigs1ton   +1y
Has anyone ever traded out front buckets and center console for a 60/40 split bench in a 95-00 shitbox? I am wondering if there are any premade holes for the bench or if I gonna have to do some drilling.
someotherguy   +1y
You'll probably have to drill 1 or 2 holes. I've done this swap a few times and the holes depend on year model.

Do beware you'll need a seat from another extended cab truck; the center brackets are different because the floor shape is unique to an extended cab.

I seat-swapped my '94 C2500LD extended cab to a 60/40 bench because the buckets it came with were ragged, bad. I had to drill 2 holes; the rest were there. You may note if you pull up the carpet on the passenger side often there are 2 forward bolt holes for the passenger side track; 1 will be plugged with a large torx bolt and you simply move it over to use the correct hole.

thread post photo

thread post photo

Be sure to get the seatbelt buckles too.

Richard
Post was last edited on Dec 27, 2011 01:12. This post has been edited 1 times.
sigs1ton   +1y
It's goin in the crew cab in my sig. and I know the seat came front either a reg cab or crew cab because it doesn't have the easy entry on pass side. Guess I will find out about the holes soon enough when I'm cursing and throwing crap later. Thanks for the info Someotherguy, you got the shitbox body style down.
someotherguy   +1y
Shit, I'm the retarded one...I looked right at the pic in your sig and somehow overlooked the rear door handle and saw "extended cab" instead of crew.

Yeah, you want a front seat from a regular cab, or a crew cab, no difference in them.

Here's a suggestion and a trick I use when adding bolts on a seat where I had to drill holes. Since there's no captive nut you will need to use very large, thick washers to attempt to reinforce the mounting point. To keep installing the bolts from being a 2 man job, I pop the bolt through the hole, clamp vise grips on the bolt head and position them against the seat bracket, then climb underneath with the washers, nut, and go to town.

Richard
Page 1 of 1