threads
Page 1 of 1
Dually Audio/Interior \  what type of steering wheel can i use?

what type of steering wheel can i use?

Dually Audio/Interior Dually Tech
views 1379
replies 3
following 4

mastermind   +1y
Ok I have a 97 Chevy 3500 and was wondering what kind of aftermarket steering wheel can I use that might look good because of the large steering column.
lockone   +1y
Just about any of them but be sure to get a 15" or bigger wheel for a truck or SUV.
someotherguy   +1y
You're actually kind of limited on 1995-up because of the airbag style column; not many companies make wheels that directly fit because none of them want to be liable for providing parts intended to replace an airbag wheel.

However if you check out Billet Specialties I think they have a hub adapter that does the trick.

The biggest problem I've seen with using a wheel and adapter made for a 1994-older is that the 1995-up factory wheel has a LOT more dish to it so that it's deep enough to house the airbag; when you use a 1994-older wheel and adapter then the turn signal lever is so close to the wheel it touches it, and you smack it with your fingers while turning the wheel.

Richard
dropped fullsize   +1y

I found a nice one but it says only good to 94. Is there an adapter kit that can be used or will the same one work? I'm not too worried about the airbag. I took the airbag out of my 95 GMC and my 95 Impala SS and replaced them with billet steering wheels.

The truck was so long ago, I forgot what we did. The SS was one of those Trenz solid billet steering wheels. Trenz sure use to make some cool stuff. sigh..
Page 1 of 1