Page 1 of 1
Dually Audio/Interior \  Fiberglass/Metal dash

Fiberglass/Metal dash

Dually Audio/Interior Dually Tech
views 2168
replies 7
following 5

lowf350   +1y
Has anyone ever made a custome dash? I want to rip out the one I got and install new gauges, vents, audio etc... but cant much info? Any help would be appreciated!
Also doing 4 buckets and a center console with a TV for the kid!
Oh, I have 94 F350!
lowf350   +1y
NOBODY????
truckzilla   +1y
Good luck with your goal. I will be doing something as well with my '85 Chevy C20/30 because stock sucks!
In my case, I have removed all of the factory stuff and I'm going to go with sheet metal. To some, it will probably be pretty plain, but I hope to replicate the style of a Chevy '47 - '54 dash. My only suggestion is to work in the material you're accustomed to and plan it out. Expect it to take a while because rushing anything creates its own problems.
big bear   +1y
i agree. sounds like sweet plans man, just plan things out best you can. theres few guys on here that build badass interiors along with there badass trucks. you just have to search older threads and posts. other than that, theres few other forums you could check out.ive seen few sick dash builds going on. i can pm you the forum names if youd like. i didnt wanna post them up if we arent suppose too. i cant remember how that works. either way, good luck man
lowf350   +1y
Thanks for the input, I will be doing some searchng around here and Bear if don't mind pm me those other sites! I found a 64 Ford Galaxie dash that will fit and looks F@*#ing awesome!! It just got a cool ass design and wont have to d much cutting and fabrication! Cant wait to get it!
big bear   +1y
sounds awesome man... and ill send you a pm now
sickspeedmonte   +1y
I've got a fiberglass dash/console project going on right now with my SS. I modified the stock dash by cutting off parts I didn't like and re-shaping with 2 part marine pour foam. You can get 2 cu ft for like $20+shipping from US Composites. So I made forms and poured it and it sticks right to the dash, and then you just shape it with 80 grit.

I made a console form and poured the entire buck out of foam and shaped it to the way I want the final console to look. Next step is to cover it in body filler and give it the final shape. I'm kinda winging this, but I've found out that the regular Bondo from the corner parts store doesn't tend to work to well. It goes on pretty thick and heavy and takes a ton of sanding to get it smooth. I'm just going to use the rest to fill in low spots, then knock down the roughness and then get a skim coat filler for the final shape. Block it out so it doesn't turn out wavy, and then prime it, wet-sand it, maybe wax it, spray it with mold release, spray it with gel coat, lay the fiberglass, and then I'll have a mold for the dash and the console. Next you have to wetsand and buff the inside of the mold, get it perfect, spray release and gel coat again, and lay the glass for the actual part. So I'll end up with the final parts to go in the car, the molds to re-produce if I need/want to, and the bucks will end up in the dumpster. I should be able to mount the dash without having to cut out any of the underlying structure, as it only mounts in 3 places (besides the 4 in the defroster vents which should be easy)
79duallyc30   +1y

That sounds like a lot of work monte but a damn good idea oth th two part foam! Good link to both ill be following th thread as I'm thinking of doing the same thing.

Th galaxie dash I may have to find one myself brother!!!
Page 1 of 1