threads
Page 1 of 1
Dually Audio/Interior \  Unusual Dash Question!

Unusual Dash Question!

Dually Audio/Interior Dually Tech
views 1080
replies 2
following 2

robs96   +1y
Hey everyone, new to the area and have been searching on the forum as well as FSC but can't seem to find out what I need. I have a 1996 Chevy Crew Cab Dually and I have the dashboard that has the cupholders above the glove box. How hard would it be to change that out for a dashboard with the "cubby" like the 2000 crew cab duallys have? Or maybe even a 2003 Chevy Crew cab interior? I am new to the dually scene and won't lie the only other custom project I ever owned was a 1999 Convertible Z24 Cavalier that was lowered and custom wheels, custom seats, custom smoothed interior, tons of performance goodies under the hood then I realized that I dropped all that money into a car with a shelf life of NADA! I plan on keeping my dually forever, I might buy more but I will keep it. Free parts are to be had.
someotherguy   +1y
It's not that hard to swap from the 1995-1996 dash to the 1997-up style; the hardest part is probably finding a dash that isn't broken. The ones with the cubby hole where the passenger airbag should be will be on 3/4, 1 ton, 3500HD's.

Get the dash shell and the black plastic ductwork piece too because it changed. It will take some very minor re-routing of the wiring on the passenger side of your dash but nothing major at all, simple stuff, this is a bolt-in swap.

It's kind of a pain wrangling all the wiring because there's a shitload of it behind this style of dashboard.

Richard
robs96   +1y
Again thanks for the response Richard. I am throwing ideas out like crazy right now seeing the responses I get and planning everything out. I do that alot. The hardest part for me is to not plan it to death and then lose focus. With the truck being a DD I doubt I will lose focus hehe.
Page 1 of 1