Page 1 of 2
Dually Audio/Interior \  95-00 Back seat question

95-00 Back seat question

Dually Audio/Interior Dually Tech
views 2302
replies 16
following 5

okcderek   +1y
I have the factory bench seat in the rear w/ the center fold down armrest. when its folded down it is just plain cloth. My question is did these trucks have an option to have cupholders in that armrest as the Yukon/Tahoe did in its fold-down center armrest? If not, has anyone tried to see if it would fit? Daily driving my truck and my son is generally w/ me everyday......not having a cupholder back there for his is quite annoying. I realize the stock center console in the fron has cupholders that fold out of the back, but that dont help me since I took it out for an Expedition console that goes up to the dash. Guess I am going to have to measure the armrest in a Tahoe of the same year.

Cup holders I am talking about...
lockone   +1y
Tahoe/Yukons had the cupholders inside the center console in the rear. The seats will fit and you will have to drill 2-3 new holes to bolt them in depending on the year rear seats you get and what rear seat is in your truck.
okcderek   +1y
I was going to take just the plastic part of the Yukon armrest and have someone mod my arm rest to accept it. Or possibly pulling the arm rest off a Yukon seat to see if it would swap w/ mine.
lockone   +1y
I think the Tahoe/Yukon armrest is a bit wider than the one in the rear seat of your truck. If you dont have one to measure I can go measure the one in my truck if you want.
someotherguy   +1y

I'm confused...

OBS crews use the exact same mount points for the rear seat as the front, in other words, a front straight bench will bolt directly in the rear.

The OBS Tahoe's I've seen have a completely different rear seat mounting bracket style that is curved up in the rear. Does it use the same mounting holes? It looked so weird I didn't imagine it would bolt up without drilling new holes.

Richard
lockone   +1y
In my truck, we reused the two back corner holes and one of the front corner holes lined up. We had to drill 3 new holes for the front of the seats because of the fold down/slide option that the Tahoe/Yukon had.
giovanni   +1y
lock do u have any pictures of ur interior?? to share with this post
krewzlo   +1y
Hey do you have any pics of your front center counsel from the expo? How does it fit? does it match the dash nicely?
okcderek   +1y

When I 1st got it in there...
thread post photo

I have since cleaned the fake woodgrain off it. Still need to make a lower trim piece like the one below. (Found this pic and it gave me the idea. Only thing is on the opening on the other side is where my Alpine cd changer is mounted, so I can just reach down there and eject the cartridge....
thread post photo

Also found this one w/ newer bodystyle console in it...
thread post photo
lockone   +1y
Giovanni-- I think that there are some pics of my trucks interior on our myspace page.