threads
Page 1 of 1
Dually Audio/Interior \  dash swap??????

dash swap??????

Dually Audio/Interior Dually Tech
views 1193
replies 2
following 3

draggin95niss   +1y
so ive seen and heard of guys swapin out the old early 90's square dash in favor of the newer rounded dash...i have a 1990 chevy 1 ton and i am wondering what all is involved with doin the swap?????
lockone   +1y
Just get the dash and all of the metal supports out of the 96-up truck along with the steering column.

Other than that it is just alot of sweat and blood with a bit of welding burn thrown in.
someotherguy   +1y
Yeah in all reality the job kinda sucks. The steering column support is the #1 important one. If you use a '95 or '96 dash there's no spot for a passenger airbag so there's no extra metal support on that side like '97-up.

I just converted a '94 to a '96 (though I've just got the column in, no dash yet because I need to paint it) but not for the style, personally I prefer the old dash. But I engine swapped a 6.5TD to a Vortec 7.4 and wanted to use the entire donor truck's harnesses, PCM, etc. without any hacking harnesses together, splicing, etc. wanted it to be rock solid. It's one of the parts of my HD build that kinda had me wondering WTF I was thinking...

Richard
Page 1 of 1