Page 1 of 1
Dually Audio/Interior \  Wireharness PINOUT for stock 96 gm radio

Wireharness PINOUT for stock 96 gm radio

Dually Audio/Interior Dually Tech
views 1884
replies 5
following 4

onefasthoagie   +1y
Ok, ive looked all about the net to try to find a pinout. ive got a stock gm double din cd tape combo radio. it's got a 32 pin connector (16 top 16 bottom) anyone know where i can find the damn pinout for this thing. No idea what the radio came out of. Mfg date is 1996 part number 16207944
someotherguy   +1y
Get you one of those stub harnesses they sell at the auto parts store, most of them have the wires marked, slip of paper in the package, or printed on the back of the package.

Or, try

Richard
onefasthoagie   +1y

Thanks!

both sites are very informational!, but i am still unable to find anything on this 32 pin connector. it's like nothing ive seen. it's got weird colors not mentioned on that site. for example, its got 3 yellow wires, 2 reds, and like 3 black wires. makes no sense!

the only thing i can think of, is if there was a factory amp or cd changer or something attached to this radio (beyond speakers)
acid   +1y
I don't think they had factory amps or anything eles 4 that matter besides speakers @ that year. u think u could post a pic of it so i mite b able to figure it out???
onefasthoagie   +1y

yea ill grab a pic or two. i found on camero / firebird forums that the 96/97 camero's have some kinda "monsoon" systems that had seperate amps in the trunks and like 6 speakers and cd changers and odd stuff. but i'll try to get a pic for ya.
draggin95niss   +1y
im an installer man, if u can get a pic of the front and back of the radio and the pigtail harness u got, im pretty sure i can come up with somethin for ya...
Page 1 of 1